2,609 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolthe north endfreedom trailnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just because this is a fancy hotel in a historic building doesn’t mean that this expensive place is all you might think. I checked into a room that was stuffy and humid. The thermostat on the wall is just placed there as some kind of cruel joke; you can’t adjust the temperature one way or the other. I called the front desk and after being placed on hold for some period of time while they checked I was told that yes, I should be comfortable on the 70º temperature they have it set to…isn’t that right? I said no, I’m not comfortable at all. They said that they’d call “engineering”. Engineering never came but they called me back to say that engineering had set it to 65º (this was done remotely). Sure enough they had, so then after it ran for a while it was almost too cold; basically only choice was fan speed. This system is unbelievably non-user friendly…I want to be able to control my own comfort. Furthermore, the air outlet in the room was pretty well coated with mold & mildew (picture attached). I wouldn’t expect such a situation at an Econolodge much less an expensive hotel such as this one. Bath does have incredibly thick towels but all the amenities like shampoo and lotion are made in China and they don’t provide mouthwash which I expect in a 4-star hotel. The internet is extra charge, bottle of water are provided in the room “as a courtesy” and only $9.00 will be added to your bill if you drink one! That’s some courtesy! Toll Free calls are a dollar a piece; everything here is an “extra charge”. Decent selection of HD channels on the TV, good lighting in the room and bath.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 30-StateTraveler
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The lobby was finished the day before we arrived and it was Gorgeous and very well decorated. Our room was perfect, comfy bed, very clean and a perfect view of the park. Everyone from the doorman to the bellhop were very professional and polite and made our stay enjoyable! Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The King Supreme on the 5th floor was perfect for 2 people and the sound of the night club downstairs could not be heard at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amber S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I researched many hotels to determine where my sister and I could stay on our first trip to Boston. Since we wanted to see the Freedom Trail and other historical sights we settled on a location downtown rather than the Back Bay. Boston is an expensive city so that did put a few restrains on our choices. But really we still had to pay almost $400 a night with taxes included and that was if we stayed 4 nights which we did. That apparently was reasonable for Boston. Also we did not have to prepay it which I liked in case our plans changed. The program was called "Linger at the Langham".

The Langham is right in the financial district, only 4 blocks from Faneuil Hall. The price was for a deluxe double which was very large. The price included a $25 breakfast each day for each of us and admission to the spa which was very nice. It had a pool, jacuzzi, workout facility and regular spa treatments. The bar is beautiful with a food menu which we used as we got in late when we arrived.

It is about 4 blocks to the "T" but that is not bad as we wanted to walk a lot on this trip. The doormen were wonderful and the Concierge booked our dinner reservations in places that were busy.

Overall a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor looking out on the street. It was very quiet at night time in Boston. I was surprised. Our room was very large. I think we were in room 431.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AdventureLady007
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to the Langham back in May for our anniversary. We loved it, and are planning on making it an annual tradition.

Location--Langham is located in the financial district of Boston, so if you are visiting on a weekend you will find that the surrounding area will be quite quiet and relaxing. On the flip side, nearby coffee shops are also closed. It's a quick (7-10 min.) walk to Faneuil Hall and the North End. On Sunday morning, we walked to the North Street Grille in the North End for brunch. It was a lovely walk (going through the Greenway), and the breakfast spot is to die for! I'd definitely recommend it over the 50 dollar breakfast buffet at the Langham.

Spa- We visited the spa on a Saturday for a massage, and found that we had the place to ourselves. The service was first rate, and were very accommodating. The massage, though, was less than wonderful. I could hear the toilet flushing during the massage. Spa area includes jacuzzi, pool, sauna, showers, and lockers. Very clean and nice.

The hotel was undergoing renovation during our visit, but it was no inconvenience to us.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cakeandicecream
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for a short business trip. Quick impressions.... large and traditional hotel geared in part to conferences but fine for a city break too, very helpful desk staff and concierge, tasty breakfast though no buffet so don't be in too much of a rush (didn't get chance to try main meals), good atmosphere in the bar and nice wines, well placed for the heart of the city, smallish and rather dark standard double room with comfortable bed and bedding, adequate but not spectacular bathroom, indoor pool inviting but didn't get chance to go. Black mark for steep wireless internet charges. Building work in the foyer at present making it noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business