“TOP NOTCH 5 STAR BOSTON GEM”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“TOP NOTCH 5 STAR BOSTON GEM”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent three nights at The Langham and enjoyed every moment. Boston is an amazing city and three nights was just about right considering the amount of history an stuff to do. I went to a Red Sox game, my first ever Baseball game and I really enjoyed the experience. I was soon singled out as a Brit and my American fellow fans made sure that I understood what was going on--my thanks to them. Back to the Hotel now. We were warmly welcomed at the reception by Samuel. The reception has undergone a refurb and is looking very good, befitting a five star establishment. Our room overlooked a small park area and was a good size and well finished. I have to say that the bathroom was a little tired and could do with a refit. Room service, Rosa and Sandra on duty, was excellent so well done to housekeeping. A special mention to David the concierge and his assistant Keith. We had many questions which were comprehensively answered by these two gentlemen. The Langham sits in the middle of the financial district and is well located for all areas of Boston. Take the Trolley ride which gives a very good perspective of the City and as its a hop on hop off ride you can explore all areas at your leisure. I will come back to Boston and I will stay at the Langham again.

2 Thank Porscheboy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Riverside, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Langham Boston for 2 nights following a cruise to Bermuda. This hotel was wonderful and the staff was top notch! They were very helpful with us (tourists) looking for the most out of our limited stay. The rooms were exceptional...very clean! The spa facilities were a great place to go and relax after a long day of walking the town.

Birmingham, England
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Booked the Langham as part of a package from Trailfinders, which included a free night and room upgrade. Having stayed at a fabulous Kimpton hotel in Chicago before travelling to Boston, I must admit I missed the personal touch and little extras to make you feel welcome. The room was too chintzy for my taste (but expect my parents would love it) and staying in the business district lacked atmosphere over the weekend.

Positives were that it was a really easy walk to the popular marketplace area, the pool was a decent size for a proper swim, and the bar was lovely for a classy nightcap.

I'd try somewhere else next time - nothing 'wrong' but just not my taste.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LovesHerHols
Cork, Ireland.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for three nights for a family gathering recently. From checking in, with very good counter staff, to check out, everything was just right and very efficient. Breakfast was a treat with a great room and service.Lovely pool area, absolutely spotless and very friendly and helpful staff, even at 6 a.m.!. Some renovation was in progress but was very well managed with extra guides to see us to our rooms when we returned late and found the access to the regular lifts unavailable.But no problem, there was an alternative lift nearby, well done Managers,Marcus always around keeping an eye on everything too.
Bowler hatted doorman really earned respect for his service during a severe thunderstorm when taxis were scarce for a while, with large umbrella at the ready to protect from the downpour and calling in extra cabs for us.
If you want a perfect location for sightseeing, shopping or strolling around Boston this is it.

1 Thank admarb
York
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were doing a trip to Maine and New York and decided to stop over in Boston for a few nights. We normally stay in Back Bay but the Langham had a good deal on (probably due to renovations in the lobby), so we decided to try it. We were greeted by exceptionally efficient and friendly staff at the front desk, who took our room preferences very seriously (we asked for a very quiet room as we're ultra-light sleepers) and gave us a very nice room without street noise. Our room appeared newly decorated, was very clean, and had an extremely comfortable bed. It was also quite spacious and well lit.

We had a comfortable stay at the Langham for three nights. What was most memorable? Besides the well appointed room, the staff need to be mentioned: very efficient, friendly, professional. We had one cause to call the front desk - people in an adjoining room were very noisy at 2am - and within a couple of minutes the sterling security staff were knocking and dealing with the problem in an understated way. The front desk staff and the concierge were also excellent. The lobby is undergoing renovations, and the lifts are out of order after 10pm, but they'll direct you to alternative lifts after hours.

The only downside was the noisy cleaners. One morning they started work at around quarter past 7, though after that they started closer to 9am. This wouldn't be a problem if they were quiet, but (1) cleaning does require quite a bit of noise; and (2) they made little effort to be quiet. That said, they were friendly and thorough in their work.

Would we stay again? Not sure - the price we paid was very good (for Boston) but it would depend if we were on vacation or not. Being awakened at 0715 by noisy door slamming and vacuuming isn't ideal, no matter how lovely the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street and elevators.
1 Thank pandoras_chocolates
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I generally do Boston as a day trip, but on two occasions recently I've had to stay overnight and have stayed at the Langham each time - it's 2 blocks from my office in Boston and by far the most convenient of the hotels I could choose from.

The lobby is lovely, although under renovation. Check-in was very efficient. I was a little trepidatious when told that my room was on the second floor, but it was around the side and turned out to be very quiet indeed (room 259).

My room was very large, although it had two double beds instead of a queen or king - but it would have been big enough for a rollaway if you needed one. The bathroom was a nice size as well, and the mirror faced the shower, which I find useful for shaving. The room was clean, there was chocolate on my pillow and the sheets and pillows were very comfortable.

Wi-fi was $12.95 for 24-hour access, which I find annoying but which is seemingly endemic to top-tier hotels.

The fitness center was adequate - it has Technogym equipment. The aerobic area upstairs was fine, but the weight/machine area was inadequate for more than two people to work out at a time. While the gym included a good variety of machines and a full set of dumbbells, as well as a Smith machine, it was difficult to maneuver and was very uncomfortable to work out when others were there. Overall it had better equipment than many hotel gyms I've used but it could use more space.

The staff was uniformly helpful, the hotel was clean, and the check-out process was quick as well. I enjoyed my stay and will be back if I need to stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here as part of Insight Gold tour. Didn't expect Langham to beat The Waldorf but it did on all levels. Great open, bright, light, foyer. Sooooo elegant but not at all pretentious. Just loved our perfectly appointed room overlooking Post Office Square. Great turn-down service. Beautiful beds and linen. My only criticism is that the shower 'tap' was tricky to use. On and off also meant hot and cold! That aside, a superb hotel. Friendly staff too. Stay there if you can.

• Stayed September 2012