2,609 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolthe north endfreedom trailnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was hesitant to book the Langham Hotel Boston because of the bad experience we had in Melbourne, Australia but we thought we would give it a try, and I'm glad we did because the hotel was 100 times better.

We stayed here for 4 days and the hotel was absolutely amazing. While the hotel was going through some renovations (we didn't know this), there was no noise or and the staff made sure they could assist any way they could if something was disturbed by the renovations. The staff were very friendly and the concierge we asked for dinner suggestions was the best help we have ever had from any concierge service we have experienced. The first night we were there, the hotel had evacuated and the staff were trying hard to make sure everyone was kept informed and assisting where they could to help people get back to their room.

The hotel is in a great location and walking distance to all the main attractions. It's a block away from the main road so you don't hear of the noise.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were early so they were more than happy to mind the luggage until we came back later in the afternoon. The room was absolutely amazing - my partner and I had a corner room on level 9 and my sister and her husband stayed in the room next to us. Their room was bigger than ours but that didn't bother us. The rooms were cleaned daily and turned down every night. The bed was very comfortable and you can order more pillows if required.

The hotel has a spa, gym and pool however we only used the gym and the pool. The pool is an indoor pool and is a comfortable pool, I found the whirlpool a little to hot for my liking, but my partner enjoyed it. The gym is 2 levels and has plenty of equipment that you don't have to wait to use something. Towels are provided in the gym and the pool area.

Internet and breakfast was not included in our package, we paid around USD$33 for 3 days of internet and for breakfast, the buffet was expensive so we just found places outside of the hotel to eat. Saying this, we also didn't try any of the restaurants in the hotel.

There is a bar at the hotel which has a dress code at night and the boys were dressed appropriately after just coming back from dinner, but apparently their shoes didn't have the right type of sole so we skipped the bar because we felt rejected. They both had collared shirts so we don't understand why the shoes were a problem. But that's alright we found a pub and listened to some more music there!

We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again, if the price is right! We got a special deal through Expedia.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Never had better service at a hotel. No canned corporate "guest-speak" like you get at some luxury hotels. Just genuine friendliness and helpfulness from every single employee -- from the business services manager to the valet parking attendant to the room cleaner. Before we arrived, we had members of our party who had to cancel a room. Kyle in guest services went way out of his way to accomodate us and helped us with the cancellation. Thank you Kyle!

On the other hand, the room was tired and shabby and needed renovation. We were on the 7th floor and had great views of the city lights. However, the carpet was stained. The bed skirt had what looked to be chocolate stains on it and the upholstered chair had similiar stains (the hotel has a chocolate bar so I assume some previous guest got a little enthusiastic with their treats). In addition, there were toothpicks in the corner of the elevator when we arrived and they were still there when we left two days later. The main entrance had a glass door which was smudged with greasy handprints for the entire time we stayed. Small details maybe, but they are details I notice (and make me wince.)

Finally, we booked the hotel because it seemed relatively inexpensive compared to other luxury Boston properties. However, they nickelled and dimed us to death. $12 per day for internet access (slow and awful connection by the way --- gave up trying to download my email several times); $9 for bottled water in room. $42 for nightly valet parking.

I would not stay in this Langham again. Howeer, I will definitely try a newer/newly renovated Langham in another city if I have the opportunity.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Langham this weekend and had an absolutely wonderful experience! From the time we drove up to the front of the hotel on Friday afternoon to when we left on Sunday, everything was perfect. Each and every member of the staff with whom we interacted was amazing, the hotel was incredible clean, and the amenities were all top notch. Whether for business or pleasure, there is no better place to stay in Boston than The Langham!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear RightBack,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at The Langham, Boston, and that you found our staff and accommodations pleasing. It is always encouraging to receive such complimentary a review! It validates our hard work and determination to provide the best service possible to each and every guest. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

What a fantastic Hotel. From the minute you step into reception to the moment you leave you will enjoy every facility. The staff without exception are superb.

There is an old adage that you get what you pay for - in this case its worth every penny.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

From the moment I was greeted by the valet (with an umbrella) in the pouring rain until the day I left I enjoyed everything about this hotel. The incredible attention to detail in their service, facilities, toiletries and linens - it is worth every cent. The gym is incredibly well equipped for busy road warriors like me and the spa looked divine (although I wish I had time to try it out). The linens were high quality and the food delivered from room service was one of the best meals I have ever experienced from a hotel (hot, delicious, beautifully plated and within a reasonable timeframe). Congratulations to this stylish and charming property - I would definitely stay again next time I find myself in Boston.

Room Tip: maybe try a room higher up to avoid some of the traffic noise during the work day (very peaceful at night)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business