“Excellent 5 day Vacation.”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at the Langham from May 17th to May the 22nd of 2012. I was in the area to attend 2 College Graduations and had an excellent stay at this hotel. I loved the room, the central location and the staff were all superb. Due to my hectic schedule, I was unable to enjoy the amenities and had to pass on the morning newspaper deliveries. I can easily recommend this classy hotel to friends and family. All the staff stood out and both Dan's and Keith are great. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,429)

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The Langham is centrally located in downtown Boston's financial district with easy access to public transportation. The hotel staff is subperb going out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant. I highly reccomend the Langham to anyone who is visiting Boston

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank link987
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Spent 5 nights here during Memorial Weekend. The hotel was very elegant. There is some renovation going on in the lobby. No interference at all. The room we had was a deluxe room. Large room with a smallish bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. The room was serviced properly everyday.
The best thing about this hotel is the staff. The front desk staff were excellent. The concierge staff were outstanding, they were so accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. Daniel really made our holiday extra special. His recommendation for dinner was spot on.
It is quiet around the weekend but it is so central that you can walk anywhere. There are always cabs outside the hotel if you plan to go that bit further.
The fitness suite has a small pool and hot tub. Really enjoyed my time there. Didn't use the gym but looked ok.
I would recommend this hotel for people going on business and for first time visitors to Boston. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room if you enjoy that little bit more space. The fitness suite and spa facilities a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pixie1Scotland
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Pixie1Scotland,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. It is wonderful to receive such high praise for our accommodations and staff, especially our Front Desk and Concierge teams. Please know that your kind words will be passed along to each respective department. I am happy to see that their services and recommendations were exactly what you wanted. At The Langham, Boston we strive to provide the best customer service possible, so it is always nice to read such complimentary reviews. Thank you again for taking the time to write the review, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Thanks,
General Manger

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed whilst some work was being completed in the reception area; major works at that. It didn’t interfere; create noise or mess. The Hotel is well appointed in a lovely location; staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Couldn’t fault it; good for family or business. We stayed when the Red Socks were celebrating their centenary; when we arrived at the airport security said “this is a very buy weekend, no rooms left in Boston”. This would explain why trying to book a hotel was difficult and potentially expensive. The Langham didn’t seem to profiteer from the upsurge in custom, which was very refreshing.

Room Tip: All semed good, we had six in differing parts of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LaughtonFamily

Dear LaughtonFamily,
I would like to thank you for your kind review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our both our hotel accommodations and staff. I am glad that you were able to book a room with us during such a busy time and hope that you were able to enjoy some of the Red Sox festivities. I am also glad to see that our Lobby Renovation did not interfere with your stay. I do hope that you will visit us again in the near future as we unveil our new Lobby and Champagne Lounge! Thank you again for your review.

Thanks,
General Manger

Reviewed May 28, 2012

the Conceirge were Extremely helpful. It is in the Financial district and it is quiet on the weekend. We did walk everywhere and only got lost once on the first day. It is close to the water but a little walk to Boston Common. Boston directions are strange and finally got our bearings. Love the BOND..High tea and Sunday Brunch very good. the BED was the BEST

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Room was nicely furnished, with a comfortable king size bed.
No in-house Movies/DVD's just a few TV channels.
Mini Bar was never re-stocked in the entire 5 days of our stay.
Shower was poor, very small bath tub for people over 5'6.
Had the worst Steak I've ever tasted. Both myself and my wife had to send our food back.
Location for both Downtown and Back Bay was very good.
Hotel under renovation, not informed about prior to booking.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fibrepros
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear fibrepros,

Please allow me to express how sorry I am about your recent disappointing experience at our hotel. Regarding your comments on In House Movies, we purposely choose not to offer in house movies but instead provide high quality HDTV in all our guest rooms. Hotel guests have a choice of 47 HD channels including 6 foreign language channels. I certainly do apologize for the shortfall with our minibar service as well as your disappointing meal from In Room Dining. I wish we could of had an opportunity to address these issues while you were here, which would have given us a chance to remedy these deficiencies right away. I thank you for feedback and hope you will return again in the future in spite of this less than satisfactory experience .

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I were in Boston for a few days around Paddy's weekend after previous nice breaks here. We had never stayed in the Langham previously but decided to give it a go. When we arrived the lobby was under construction which did detract from the impact and comfort of the hotel - a detail that was not disclosed prior to us making the booking. However, the room was nice if somewhat dated and the location was very handy. The pool was nice if small. The staff were generally friendly. Overall, it's a reasonable hotel but certainly the rooms are due a facelift. My favourite hotel in Boston remains Jurys and the steakhouse across the road from it is excellent and I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple