“Great Hotel, brilliant staff, great location”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wiltshire
“Great Hotel, brilliant staff, great location”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My family and I (2 teenage daughters) stayed at this Hotel during April, it was the first time we had visited Boston and went on the recommendations using Trip Advisor. The hotel lived up to its reputation as the No' 1 rated hotel in Boston.

The staff couldn't do enough for us, particularly Jason the concierge, who was extremely helpful, finding us restaurants to eat and recommending places to visit.

We upgraded to a junior suite (room 723) and it was very comfortable, if you like soft beds, the standard of cleanliness was of a high standard, and the turndown facility each night was a nice touch.

I would recommend trying the Atlantic Fish Restaurant; it is only a few blocks from the hotel. The food and service was superb, however my experience of eating out in Boston, is that all restaurants are very noisy, and the Bostonians eat early – the restaurants are busiest from 5 – 7.30pm each evening.

Overall the hotel and city were fantastic, I would recommend staying at the Lenox

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I am so pleased with this hotel and the level of service I am writing this review while I am still staying at the hotel! Every single staff member from housekeeping to the front desk to the waiters in the restaurants has treated me as if I am royalty. The concierge is nothing short of amazing - patiently answering my questions and efficiently handling my requests. The front desk person who checked me if refers to my by name whenever I'm in the lobby. My waiter in the restaurant could not have been more attentive.

Rooms are immaculate, baths are large, marble, and come with Aveda ammenities (a real plus - I didn't have to pack shampoo, conditioner, etc.). I stayed in the standard room (one bed) and found it to be quite spacious and just fine for my needs. Also, free internet, free bottled water if you ask at turndown, and nicely decorated rooms.

I will never stay anywhere else when I'm in Boston.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Guildford UK
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of March. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and welcoming - the children especially loved the cuddly toys that they were given on arrival. The room was fine although noisy the first evening - there seemed to be something wrong with the aircon in the neighbouring room. This was remedied however as soon as we pointed it out to the front desk the next morning. The hotel is in an excellent location - In Back Bay which was lovely. Definitely a good choice in Boston.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2010

With one suitcase in hand, I took the subway from Logan airport and found myself 2 blocks away from the hotel when I exited at Copley Station. The location is great. One can either walk the Newbury Street & Copley Square areas, but can also take the subway to other parts of Boston with relative ease. The Boston Common is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the hotel. I wouldn't however recommend taking the subway if you have lots of suitcases for the trains can get crowded.

I booked my room rather last minute, and was able to find a deal at the hotel's website for a junior suite with two beds. When I arrived, I inquired about the availability of a room with one bed, and was given a room that was dark and with a horrible view of the a/c units of the hotel. I returned back to the front desk and requested that I could be moved back to my original assigned room, and was then given a higher floor corner room with plenty of light and a decent view of the neighborhood. There were two beds and a non-working fireplace. The bed was comfortable enough (but on the softer side), and the Aveda bath products was a nice touch. They handed out Lindt truffles during turn down service (the Lindt store actually is one of their lobby stores). There is a Irish pub, and a bistro/bar located at the hotel. I dined at the bistro/bar one evening, and found the atmosphere on the darker side and rather noisy. Folks sitting next to me on either side had to speak rather loudly so that their dining companions could hear them across the tables. Service at the restaurant was hit or miss at times.

During my 5 day stay there were many parties and groups arriving and checking out of the hotel, making it rather chaotic. It can also get rather noisy, but staying on the upper floors I didn't hear any of the commotion going on in the lobby or in one of the hotel's conference/banquet rooms.

The hotel staff was efficient, friendly, and greeted me every time I step off out of the elevator and when I return in the afternoons. Plenty of bottled water available in the room fridge, and umbrellas at the valet desk during the rainy days. I spent most of the daylight hours at a meeting a block away or wandering around town. There are plenty of hotels in the immediate area, and I would like to try out the newly opened Mandarin Oriental next door. However, the rooms at the Lenox is of decent size (at least for my room category), and the decor not of the stereotype usually found in "hotel chains". It was a comfortable stay. Plenty of dining options around the hotel, and the Copley Place/Prudential Center shopping complex is right behind the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at the Lenox for just one night last year after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and I'm not surprised its still rated as number 1 in Boston. The staff were absolutely great, extremely courteous and couldn't have been more helpful. We had a standard room but to call it "standard" doesn't do it justice. For a city centre hotel it was very spacious. The location is great too, only moments from the freeway, a short walk to Boston Common and round the corner from a T station. The only slight downside was that there was a huge corporate group staying who commandeered the two bars which meant we couldn't get a nightcap when we got back around 11pm - certainly not the hotel's fault, just meant the Scots couldn't get their nightly dram before bed!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I don't usually bother to leave comments unless I am either very upset or very impressed. In this case it's the later. The Lenox clearly puts tremendous emphasis on it's customer service. From the moment you pull up, every staff is out to make your stay as flawless as possible. The Hotel itself is very clean, very comfortable, and updated. Best of all, it's location is superb, right off Newbury str. making going out for good food/drinks a snap. It's also in walking distance of all good shopping, and the parks (including the esplanade). We visit Boston quite often and have found our "go to" hotel. The only disappointing experience was the cost of Valet parking which we had not initially considered in our price estimate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Much has been said about the Lenox before and we can only agree with many of the comments. I have never met such helpful and friendly staff. Everyone from the bar staff, waiters, porters, doormen and concierge were pleasant, helpful, full of great tips for eating out, shopping and pubs. Overall we had a great stay and would highly recommend this hotel to all visitors to Boston.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple