“Great, if you get a deal on a suite.”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
new brunswick
“Great, if you get a deal on a suite.”
Reviewed November 16, 2005

First time in years I have stayed at the Lenox.
It is beautiful and in a great location. Staff could have been friendlier, especially the older gal at the little info. desk, could not get a smile out of her no matter how I tried.
Room was lovely, wallpaper in bath peeled a little but no biggie. Make sure you ask for a suite when you book, a corner room if possible. The junior suites are tiny and you will not be happy as other people have stated.
Overall a pleasant stay in a grand hotel but I would never pay the rack rate.
T stop, coffee, drugstore and groceries 5 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank canuckpump

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
England
Reviewed November 5, 2005

Changed the original booking from the Copley Square to the Lenox and can say with hand on heart we made the right choice.
The staff were excellent, the room (a corner room) was first class and our stay at the Lenox rounded off what was a memorable first trip to America.
We will definately stay here again.

South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2005

Stayed in the Lenox for 4 nights 23rd-26th October. The Hotel is clean and well maintained, if a little dated in decor.

Reception staff are helpfull, and we had no trouble checking in or out.

Good, concierge desk where trips and tickets can be booked.

Did not use the Hotel restaurants, but the food in the attached Irish bar is tasty and reasonably proced. The Guiness is cold and bitter - just the way it should be.

The Lenox is in easy walking distance from the main tourist areas of Boston(15-20mins). The 'T' stop is 2 mins down the road.

I would recommend this Hotel with one reservation:-

Check the room when you book - they vary in size.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank stever0b
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 23, 2005

Its convenient location in Back Bay doesn't make up for TIRED FURNITURE and SERVICE PROBLEMS. Lobby is chaos, desk people overwhelmed during my 4 night stay. Jr. suite was missing furniture[ which was brought to us]. No turn-down service except by request, then did not happen. Desk promises to get us newspaper, did not happen. No bellman for luggage.They ran out of access cards to use computer. Gym stiflingly hot. With so many other fine hotels in area, I cannot recommend this one.

3 Thank jafb
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed September 14, 2005

We stayed here for three nights in September. We arrived on an early flight from chicago but the front desk were very helpful in letting us have a room well ahead of normal check in time. The room was very spacious with a huge, comfortable bed. We had a nice corner room on the 5th floor with a good view of Boylston street. The Bathroom was spotless with nice Aveda toiletries. I particularly liked the crystal glasses and ice bucket - a nice change from the usual plastic stuff you get in hotels.
The air conditioning was VERY noisy but to be honest you get used to it and sleep right through. We just put it down to one of the quirks of an older hotel.
The Hotel is in an excellent location - The T stop is a close by as is Newbury Street and Copley Square. We walked to Boston Common, downtown and Fanueils Market and it only took around 20 minutes or so. It could probably be done quicker but we were browsing along the way.
We were out a few nights until around 1:00 in the morning and when we came back the hotel was still bustling with party goers in the attaching Irish Pub. It seems to be a popular place with local Boston people but we could not hear any noise at all when we were back in our room. We walked around the hotel areas very late at night and felt safe
One word of caution though - even though I had pre-paid for the room and had no extra charges an amount was billed to my credit card on check in. Hopefully, this will be sorted and refunded shortly but I would advise you to just double check with the front desk when you hand over your card.
We would definately stay again and would recommend the hotel to others.

10 Thank silvergirlracer
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 11, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the lenox in boston for our 6th wedding anniversary. Although not a terrible stay, i have had better. The room was the smallest i have ever stayed in. Only room for one person standing in the bathroom. No counter space at all. The hotel is very old and smelled a little. All of this was fine however. We came to see the city, not stay in the room. Very close to the T and Newbury street which is actually why we chose this hotel. My biggest complaint came on the last day. My husband had a beautiful bouquet of pink roses delivered to our room on the day of our arrival. When we left of course I wanted to take them with me since I had only enjoyed them for 3 days. The hotel was very unhelpful with providing a box for me to transport them home in. They said that if we wanted a box we shouldn't have had them delivered in a vase. So my husband and i walked down the street ourselves to Winston Flowers Florist and they helped us to package them so i could take them home. I was not impressed with the level of service at this hotel. Judging from previous reviews it seems to be hit or miss. Unfortunately this past weekend was a miss. I expect much more from a 4 star hotel. Next time we will stay elsewhere.

1 Thank dreamtrips99
Sidcup, Kent UK
Reviewed September 5, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Lenox for 5 nights and we had a superb time there. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated, the furniture was in keeping with the style of room and I almost wished it was cold so that we could have a fire in the fireplace!
Breakfast each day was excellent, I almost became addicted to their 'Crab cakes Benedict', I wish I could get their blend of coffee, it was lovely (I have just started drinking my coffee without milk, for diet reasons and the coffee was so smooth and delicious). The service in the restaurant was always very efficient.
The front desk were helpful at all times, especially when a security lock jammed on my suitcase. Within 5 minutes the problem was solved!
The Concierge was very helpful, booking trips, restaurants and giving advise.
Whilst there we also met Jimmy an WW2 Veteren originally from Australia who still workd in the Lenox for a couple of days a week! He was a real character and we really enjoyed talking to him. Well done 'the Lenox' for employing him, he made our stay there even more interesting.
The hotel is very convenient for transport links. We bought a 3 day pass for the T and made had a great time travelling around the city.
We loved the Duck tour (quack quack) our narrator who was dressed as a pirate made a fun experience even more enjoyable.
The walking tour of the Freedom trail was very informative and our guide was charming.
Boston is a beautiful city, we will stay at the Lenox again if we return there. We are recommending it to all our friends!

• Stayed August 2005