“This is where TA needs a 'good' classification”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was meant to be our grand finale of our tour of New England so we paid more than for most of our other stops. We seem to have paid for the age of the building as this place was pleasant but for Brits/Europeans at least, not worth the extra charged. The 2 hotels from the 'historic hotels of America' group we stayed in this holiday both lacked a sense of belonging once you pass reception and a very young staff who would benefit from some more mature colleagues to show what going the extra mile really means - ie. more than smiling and shining. This was well demonstrated when I was passed from one female member of staff to another and in my earshot was described as 'she'. The Lenox' position in Back Bay is excellent - at the heart of shops and eateries. The rooms are of a good size. However our hanging space for clothes was so small we couldn't get hangers in without angling them round a corner and then we could only fit about 12 garments in! Both bath and sink plugs were faulty and the sink cracked. There is no hotel directory - for ecological reasons I was told on enquiry (!) and no coffee or tea making facilities in the room (for fear of a fire in an 'old' building I was told on enquiry!!) I live in a house the same age as the Lenox - 1900- and have electrical equipment....The rooms are pleasant and the reception area attractive but they are no better than many hotels that charge half these rates. People are paying for 'old' and position and could do better for their money. Disappointing but I did not have the heart to give 'average' - but the Lenox is not 'very good' - it is pleasant, comfortable and expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view
2  Thank HelenLytham
There are newer reviews for Lenox Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2014

i am from new england and i loved staying here...it was amusing to hear the opinions and thoughts of locals working at hotel (i did not say i was from area)...lenox was a great choice...my husband who is from mid-west chose hotel because he travels quite a bit and did not want to stay in "chain" hotel...he says he would stay there again for sure!! i loved 'city table' great drinks and food and the irish bar/restaurant 'solas' (sp?)was rustic dark and classic! watched 'world cup' w footballers!!...the location was perfect close to newbury and boylston st...and "T"...valet and concierge were exceptional...
a few thoughts...beds were NOT most comfortable and both mornings i woke up to delivery trucks and jackhammer doing street work...but that is what you get in the city!! ahhhh!
i would stay again too : )

Room Tip: highah the bettah! (east coast accent needed)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hberrie
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Lenox for his birthday in early July. We can not say enough good things about this hotel and more importantly, the staff. The moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles and hellos. At check-in we were upgraded to a fabulous corner room with a fantastic view of Boylston Street. Within 5 minutes of entering the well appointed room, a bottle of champagne was delivered along with a personal, handwritten birthday greeting. The hotel is in a great location and everything is walking distance. We ate a yummy steak dinner at the hotel restaurant. We have stayed at many hotels (we traveled for a month long cross country vacation last year) and the Lenox is by far, my favorite.

A special thank you to everyone we talked with~ reception, valet, waitstaff and most importantly the wonderful bellman. You all made us feel so special. Thank you!

Room Tip: At booking, I let them know we were celebrating a birthday.
1  Thank M B
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Lenox two weekends in a row, bookending a trip to the North Shore for beach and family time. I found the hotel to be very handsome, comfortable, clean, nicely decorated with quality and timeless furnishings, and the staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. The hotel is centrally located, you can walk pretty much anywhere you like, and the bar and restaurants are pretty lively at night. We only had breakfast, and it was good--lots of very yummy fruit on the fruit plate, well cooked eggs on the eggs benedict dish-not easy when this is a room service item! I would highly recommend this hotel, it is more moderately priced than some of the other hotels in the area of the same caliber.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view. We didn't get one, but we were able to check in VERY early, so...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at this wonderful hotel in June 2014 for 6 nights for my birthday! We upgraded to a junior suite which was fantastic. The room was huge and decorated tastefully! From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome and our room was ready, even though we were in fact early! The reception staff were most helpful! I had a wonderful surprise when I got in the room as they had put a birthday balloon in, a bottle of prosecco and a plate full of mini cup cakes! This was so thoughtful and kind! I was truly touched!
The hotel is in a great location for everything! You can walk anywhere!
We also ate at the bar a few times and the food was good!
If I had to find fault with our stay then the only problem was that we had to check out at mid-day but our flight wasn't until 10pm. They did however keep our luggage securely for us. It would have been nice to have been able to shower and change before leaving as the weather was so hot! We did ask if we could pay and keep the room, but unfortunately all rooms were fully booked. All in all we would definitely recommend this hotel and if we go back to Boston we would definitely book in to The Lenox! We had great time there and Boston is a lovely city!

Room Tip: I would opt for the junior suite!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel has obviously put a lot of effort in to training and development of its employees to create an experience for the customer that is outstanding. At check-in, we were told our room had been upgraded since they had space. I can't understand why more hotels don't do this - it makes you feel special and valued the minute you walk in. The room was spacious and well appointed. Every employee greets you and asks if there is anything they can do for you. I would highly recommend this hotel to any business or leisure traveler. Wi-fi is free and easy to access - no hassle. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We enjoyed the location of this hotel.Shopping,dining and tours within walking distance.great. breakfast and romantic bar.Air lowers when out of room.So sometimes too warm.I would stay here again.Higher room would maybe a better view.We were on 3 looking at street.