“A beautiful hotel”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My first trip to Boston and I can't think of anywhere better to stay. A warm welcome from the airport staff carried through to the hotel. Welcoming reception staff, always happy to help, and first impressions of the hotel were excellent. The rooms were furnished to a high standard and spotlessley clean, as were the public areas. There is a restaurant/bar a martini bar (selling a full range of drinks) and an Irish pub. Subscribe to the Irish pub, Solas, about 2 weeks before you visit and recieve a $10 discount on food per table per visit. We ate in the pub the first night and the food was decent. Breakfast was not included for us but the lobby provided tea and coffee in the morning and bananas. If you didn't want to breakfast at the hotel, this was a welcome start to the day. Aftera cold day out (March) we returned to hot chocolate in the lobby, just what we needed.
This hotel is in the Back Bay area off Boylston Sreet. Quite a few bars and restaurants in the area and close to Fenway with some more bars. Copley T (train station) is about 1 minute walk and the Prudential Mall less than 5 minutes. If you get lost, head for the Prudential tower.
A gem of a hotel. You will enjoy your stay.
A tip would be to do the Trolley (hop on/off) tour -pickup from the Marriott foyer, which is behinf the Lenox. Get your bearings and you are away. I recommend the Quincy market in Fenuil Hall and Cheers bar. Some people say don't bother but its a decent pub and has a mock up of the set in the upstairs bar. The Hard rock cafe is behind fenuil hall also. As part of the trolley tour you get entrance to the Boston tea party museum. Well worth a visit for all ages. The actors make it fun, while you learn about the history of the revolution. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joytraveller86
There are newer reviews for Lenox Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had to stay here, having heard -- and read -- so much about the Lenox. Besides, I'd run the Boston marathon years ago so I knew about its choice location near the finish line. The central location of the hotel in the Back Bay area, close to the various shopping malls nearby, is still one of the biggest pluses for me.

As expected, the staff were very friendly and welcoming, whenever we came or went. And I liked the heaters above the main entrance door just before you entered, especially since it was snowing when we were there. The junior suite in the corner of the building facing the Prudential Center was nice -- not too large though, but spacious enough for two friends who didnt want to be crowding each other for four days. I also had wanted a hotel where I was able to crack the window open, although the air somehow seeped through the windows so I never had to open them. It did make for some cold nights though as I dont like to sleep with the heater/air conditioning on because of the sound.

The bathroom was big with abundant towels and the like. I also thought the "nightlight" (in the ceiling fixture) was helpful but tended to use one I brought myself. In our bathroom, the toilet lid would not prop up which made it somewhat inconvenient for me and my male buddy to do our "business" as men are won't to do. And it is true that the flush can be a little noisy -- you can sometimes hear the flushes going off in adjacent rooms during the night.

Room service was generally timely, although one day I ordered tea with breakfast but got only a pot of water. As for value, let's say I would not have ordered breakfast there (pretty average fare) but for the fact that it was freezing outside in the mornings. There are so many great restaurants nearby that I didnt eat lunch or dinner in any of the hotel facilities.

Lastly, on departure, the doorman persuaded me to use the hotel's driver because the fare would, he said, be comparable to what I would pay for a taxi. The ride itself was fine, but the fare was likely much higher than a taxi. With tip, it came to $46, or nearly twice what I paid from the airport on the way in.

Would I stay here again, weighing all the above? This jury is still out.

Room Tip: Can't beat the corner junior suites.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AbeLincoln115
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely boutique hotel in a great location - near shops & lots of good restaurants.

The room had 2 double beds so plenty of space & comfortable - the Kiehls toiletries were an added bonus!

The staff have been very welcoming and helpful - the Lenox has a very relaxed atmosphere with great attention to detail.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for five nights in March, we had our room upgraded on arrival which certainly made us feel very welcomed. The hotel staff also arranged for complimentary drinks to be brought to our room.
The hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean, staff were extremely friendly at all times making sure you were greeted when returning from a days sightseeing.
Our room had a walk in wardrobe and a safe which we found very useful. Wifi had very good coverage too.
Every morning there was tea/coffee in the lobby and on one particularly cold afternoon there was hot chocolate served. The Irish bar attached was friendly with a nice atmosphere.
The location of the hotel was perfect for us, great selection of restaurants close by, access to T and a great location for exploring the city.
Would highly recommend and we plan on returning next year.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was my first stay and it won't be me last, I loved it. The small lobby is what makes it feel so cozy and welcoming. I was worried it would be one of those stuffy pretentious type staffed hotels, but the staff were warm and welcoming. The location is perfect, and the rooms were wonderful. Slept like a baby on plush beds/pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed March 29, 2014

When travelling on business, you just want stuff to work. The Lenox delivered on almost every aspect: gorgeous, comfortable room, free water and Wifi, terrific location with easy access to the T. Others in our group had odd-shaped, or small rooms, but mine was very spacious. When I reported a bad smell from the sink, a plumber appeared almost immediately and fixed it. Nice chocolates appeared on the bed every night. The only complaints relate to room service (slow, delivered the wrong stuff) and the front desk, who repeatedly denied to callers that I was a guest. My 5:30am wake-up call was also late. But in person the staff could not be more helpful, and as soon as you walk in it feels luxurious thanks to the scented candles and fireplace. The bar is cosy and has delicious snacks. I'd stay there again for sure...and have breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vanessa L
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Amazing service from when you first enter the hotel until you leave. Alex, Courtney and Ashley at the front desk were great. The concierge Nate was very helpful. We forgot our contact lens solution and they brought up a bottle within minutes. Complimentary champagne for our anniversary. The room was an adequate size, very clean. Love the old world charm of the hotel. The restaurant City Table had a very good breakfast. The only slight negative was that the bathroom was very small but that didn't really bother us. We walked to almost everything, very good location. We will definitely stay here when we return to boston,

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple