“Wonderful”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

my husband and I stayed here in January when we went to visit our daughter who is in Boston for a year doing an internship. When we were upgraded to a larger room which meant our daughter coukd stay with us. We went to New York City for a few days and on our return to the Lenox we were upgraded to a junior suite. I encountere a few problems with my credit card on checkout and the receptionists were more than helpful. The rooms were spotless and beds comfy. The complimentary coffee and fruit in the mornings was enough to tide us over til mid morning. The staff at the Lenox helped to make our time with our daughter very special it is a lovely place to stay and I will definitely stay there again if I ever return to Boston

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KateB63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 28, 2014

For years my husband and I had always wanted to stay at the Lenox, so we treated ourselves when Paul McCartney played Fenway Park last year. We have stayed twice since, most recently this week for a night at the theatre. In short, we love this place! The hotel radiates class. The lobby is so inviting (it even smells nice) and exudes a comfortable elegance - and free Peet's Coffee for guests! The staff were friendly, helpful, and almost courtly in acknowledging that we were returning guests and welcoming us back. We have stayed in both the standard and, as a result of a free upgrade at check-in, king rooms. All were clean and quiet, with very comfortable beds, Kiehl's toiletries, and in our case, a "welcome back" bottle of wine with a personalized card, a really nice touch. As others have stated, the location is also brilliant - right on Boylston Street in Back Bay, a block from the Copley T stop - but you don't need to leave the hotel with three very different restaurant/bars right off the lobby. Also, some good room deals to be had if you can book it far enough in advance. Highly recommend and very much looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Room 1124 (top floor) is very quiet and has a lovely view of Boston looking towards the harbor and C...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andiepow
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Lenox has all the amenities of its larger neighbors but offers the ambience of a lovely country inn. Staff is exceptional and response was quick with any problem. Did I mention location? Walking distance from good restaurants (including hotel's own) as well as theater and shopping.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Stay away from elevator if possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msnanalou
Hampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

we got upgraded to a Junior suite, when we booked. Have to say it was very nice, however the air con in the room kept tripping out which when freezing in December was not ideal and took a while of going back and forth to fix it which was a pain. Staff were excellent very friendly and helpful, even helping get tickets for the Nutcracker, stayed in the Colonnade the year before i think this just edges it for me

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael W
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We arrived in Boston on Feb 20th for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were recommended to The Lenox by a friend that always stays here and raves about how good this hotel is, and let me say we weren't disappointed at all. We checked in and found our way to the junior suite I had booked us into, the room was plenty big enough for the two of us and was super clean and tidy...I couldn't fault the room one bit. We stayed in room 1114 and was on the 11th and too floor of the hotel and the views were excellent.
In the haste of booking the trip and trying to make sure grandparents were ok looking after our two little ones whilst we went off and enjoyed ourselves I'd forgotten to even book a restaurant for our actual anniversary on the 21st. Not panicking (much) I made my way to concierge and was greeted by Nate, I explained to him what I wanted in the restaurant and he did the rest, the most helpful and friendly concierge that I've ever met. He ended up booking us Grill 23 and oh my, it was an awesome restaurant with steak and fish to die for. The Saturday night we went to Kings Lanes, which is a bowling alley come restaurant with an awesome atmosphere serving some of the best all American food in Boston. I just wanted to thank all the staff and Nate at The Lenox for making our first and definitely not last visit to Boston a memorable one, next time we come back we will be sure to stay there again and again and again. And just one more thing before I go, if you love shopping and more importantly love trainers then try Boston's best kept secret Bodega, it's at 6 Clearway Boston just off Massachusetts Ave, all I can say is just stand in front of the snapple machine and you'll soon be in trainer heaven. Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank MattR007
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2014

On a quick trip through Boston and stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. Nice hotel. Very quiet. Room was a bit small but we were able to get everywhere real easily. I would stay here again. The room was tidy and the bathroom was VERY clean. My wife always checks this out!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about everything - room, staff, service. If there was a problem it was the staff being way to helpful. The Lenox will match any internet price. We were up-graded because they weren't full, a nice touch.

We will be back. I'm not loyal to hotels, I just go for price but this has changed with The Lenox.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple