“Back Bay Beauty”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Lenox has all the amenities of its larger neighbors but offers the ambience of a lovely country inn. Staff is exceptional and response was quick with any problem. Did I mention location? Walking distance from good restaurants (including hotel's own) as well as theater and shopping.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Stay away from elevator if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msnanalou
There are newer reviews for Lenox Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2014

we got upgraded to a Junior suite, when we booked. Have to say it was very nice, however the air con in the room kept tripping out which when freezing in December was not ideal and took a while of going back and forth to fix it which was a pain. Staff were excellent very friendly and helpful, even helping get tickets for the Nutcracker, stayed in the Colonnade the year before i think this just edges it for me

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael W
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We arrived in Boston on Feb 20th for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were recommended to The Lenox by a friend that always stays here and raves about how good this hotel is, and let me say we weren't disappointed at all. We checked in and found our way to the junior suite I had booked us into, the room was plenty big enough for the two of us and was super clean and tidy...I couldn't fault the room one bit. We stayed in room 1114 and was on the 11th and too floor of the hotel and the views were excellent.
In the haste of booking the trip and trying to make sure grandparents were ok looking after our two little ones whilst we went off and enjoyed ourselves I'd forgotten to even book a restaurant for our actual anniversary on the 21st. Not panicking (much) I made my way to concierge and was greeted by Nate, I explained to him what I wanted in the restaurant and he did the rest, the most helpful and friendly concierge that I've ever met. He ended up booking us Grill 23 and oh my, it was an awesome restaurant with steak and fish to die for. The Saturday night we went to Kings Lanes, which is a bowling alley come restaurant with an awesome atmosphere serving some of the best all American food in Boston. I just wanted to thank all the staff and Nate at The Lenox for making our first and definitely not last visit to Boston a memorable one, next time we come back we will be sure to stay there again and again and again. And just one more thing before I go, if you love shopping and more importantly love trainers then try Boston's best kept secret Bodega, it's at 6 Clearway Boston just off Massachusetts Ave, all I can say is just stand in front of the snapple machine and you'll soon be in trainer heaven. Enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank MattR007
Reviewed February 21, 2014

On a quick trip through Boston and stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. Nice hotel. Very quiet. Room was a bit small but we were able to get everywhere real easily. I would stay here again. The room was tidy and the bathroom was VERY clean. My wife always checks this out!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about everything - room, staff, service. If there was a problem it was the staff being way to helpful. The Lenox will match any internet price. We were up-graded because they weren't full, a nice touch.

We will be back. I'm not loyal to hotels, I just go for price but this has changed with The Lenox.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is AMAZING! The staff go above and beyond for each guest. I recently had to spend the night in the Back Bay due to a severe snow storm and could not have been more pleased with my experience at the Lenox. Everyone at the hotel made my over night experience feel more like a getaway rather than being stuck in a snowstorm. I also got to enjoy staying in one of the recently updated rooms and was very pleased with how great it looked!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I researched hotels in Boston on Tripadvisor, and I am pleased to say that my fellow reviewers didn't let me down - this is a lovely hotel.

Check-In was efficient and polite, and within 5 minutes we were on our way to our room.

We had a lovely room on a fairly high floor, (it may even have been the top floor).
The room was a good size, and had everything we needed.
At check-in we were told that the rooms didn't have kettles and tea / coffee making facilities. This was not a problem for us, and in any case they had free tea & coffee in the lobby.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was pretty quiet.
The WiFi was free and pretty decent too.

We had a drink in the bar, but we didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant - City Table. Not because we didn't fancy it, more because we were only there together for 3 nights and had other plans.

My partner went back to London on an evening flight, and I stayed one more night as I was heading off to Austin the next morning. On that night I ate in the Solas Irish pub that is joined on to the hotel.
The service and atmosphere was great, and the food was lovely too.

There's lots to do in the surrounding area, and there are loads of restaurants and plenty of shopping options too.

For breakfast I recommend you stretch your legs and head down Newbury St, towards Massachusetts Av. Opposite a big old parking garage you will find Trident Books.
It's a great book store, but it also has a two great cafes - one on the 1st floor and one one the 2nd floor, (for us Brits that's one on the Ground floor and one on the 1st floor).

For a longer walk in the other direction search out the Union Oyster House, (it's on the Freedom trail). Hang around for a seat at the old horseshoe shaped bar, and have a dozen oysters and a beer. It's a fabulous place.

I love Boston, and I will definitely go again. I would be very happy to stay in the Lenox again when I do.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple