“A Wonderful Hotel”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is beautifully decorated. The rooms are clean, spacious and have very comfortable beds. The staff is so welcoming and accommodating. We had a friend join us who is an excellent pianist. The staff retrieved a piano from storage so she could play. The restaurant and bar are excellent. This is an all around great place to stay in a prime location.

Room Tip: I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times. All rooms have been quiet, comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Whoever is handling the job interviews for this hotel deserves kudos. The friendliest spot in a city that can at times lack in that quality. Clean, spacious rooms at good value. A staff willing to help with every request. We had one of our best meals in the City Table restaurant. Excellant location if you are doing Boston school tours of BU, BC , NE, Emerson ,etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were so warmly welcomed. When checking in they offered my husband and I drinks and gave our baby girl a stuffed penguin! The rooms are nice and being centrally located makes this a great spot. But really, the people, the customer service, has made our stay extra enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I got bumped off my flight on Air France because I was 10 minutes late to check in after driving 4 hours in a Blizzard. Terrible snooty French at their worst when they could have easily let me on with an hour till the flight was to go. "so sorreeee, we couldn't possibleeee make a small change in zee paperwork so you could make your treeeep. Sorry you had to drive 4 hours and that zer eees a bleeeezard...." Horribly frustrated and now having to wait 24 hours till the next flight, I realized that I needed a hotel.
I called the Lenox and Emily answered, sounding happy to be working and very welcoming. I explained my situation and hoped for a room and was rewarded! I told her I'd seen 18 car accidents and was horribly delayed and that AF had been so terrible to deal with and thanked her profusely for getting me a room.
when I arrived, everyone was so nice!!! They had heard my story and upgraded me to a suite and I had a bottle of wine waiting with a note that said "good evening! we thought you might enjoy a glass of wine to relax after your stressful day. we are so excited to have you, please let us know if you need anything at all!, warm regards, Emily, Courtney, Kristie, and Mohamed"
wow...what a welcome. My honey and I had a great meal in the city restaurant and a great sleep.
THANK YOU LENNOX!!!! it was worth missing my flight for this.
I will always stay here when I am in Boston!
kiki

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank kikinetwork
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We recently stayed a night at the Lenox for a night in Boston. Awesome hotel, great location, excellent service. Perfect location with easy reached MBTA stop just up the street. The room was very spacious and nicely laid out. Very large bathroom with everything you need. Staff was very helpful and made the stay even better. If you're going to spend the money, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nhmarine
Reviewed February 11, 2014

From the time we checked in until we left, the staff couldn't have been nicer or done more for us. We went for a quick romantic getaway for my wife's birthday. Who knew a major snowstorm would blanket Boston. Luckily we had a top floor room with fireplace. The staff set the fire (the Boston police department doesn't let guests do it and the wood amount is limited). We were transported, ensconced in a warm, cozy, safe place somewhere far above it all.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon L
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We totally enjoyed our one-night stay at the Lenox. The hotel doesn't need another excellent review, but I'm writing one anyway because our stay was that good. Not only did we receive a complimentary upgrade and bottle of wine, the service during our entire stay was exemplary, what you'd expect from a five-star hotel, but at four-star prices. Yes, it's an older hotel, but if you are seeking charm and a bit of "old Boston," with a great location to boot, you can't miss by staying here. We're former Bostonians, so we know our way around the city, and this Back Bay location is wonderful for shopping and sightseeing. We chose a breakfast package and had a delicious full-course breakfast at the City Table restaurant at the hotel, where there were no restrictions on what we could order (excluding alcohol), a classy touch. In fact, that's a good word to describe our entire experience at this hotel: classy, start to finish. I can't recommend the Lenox highly enough. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple