“Simply AWESOME BABY!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Simply AWESOME BABY!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

If your taking a trip to Boston the Lenox without a doubt is the place to stay!! 5 Star treatment from the moment you pull up to the curb until you depart. The staff is outstanding!! The rooms warm and comfortable, located in the heart of Boston close to great restaurants and sightseeing opportunities. Located in the Hotel two wonderful restaurants we really enjoyed the Irish Pub it was just right for a wonderful lunch. When were in Boston only one place to stay The fabulous Lenox. The young blonde haired girl who helps with advice on where to eat and where to go is simply wonderful she is a true asset to this hotel. You'll not be sorry when you stay at the Lenox it was great! We travel around the country on a regular basis and this has to be one of the best hotel's we've ever visited!

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic. Just give them a smile when you come in they'll keep you smiling !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just arrived back yesterday after a 4 night stay at the Lenox, my friend and I stayed in a junior suite on the corner of the 5th floor so our room was double aspect. When we arrived the bell boy took our bags immediately, we were checked in very quickly and our bags were taken to our room and set out on stands, the room was lovely and big with a fireplace, two double beds and a large sofa, the tv was 54inches!!!! It was all layed out beautifully with our dressing gowns and chocolates. We tried out the cocktails in the bar, excellent, the breakfast in the city bar, which I found too much so I asked for just simple scrambled egg on toast (not on the menu) and it was done, the chicken pot pie in the Solas Irish bar (recommended) and room service, very quick and friendly service.
I have only a few minor gripes about our stay:- the safe in the room is too high, I needed a chair to reach it. Our room was very noisy because the delivery lorries start from about 3:45am and sit with their engines running for hours. The heating in the room doesn't regulate itself so its either very hot or very cold.
On the 3rd and 4th night we only received 1 chocolate at turndown, we didn't complain but made and jovial comment to the receptionist about the maid not liking the way I made the bed in the mornings and that evening we had a bottle of wine and a bag filled with 10 chocolate bars with a very lovely message from the receptionist.

So all in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, staff great couldn't do enough, location brilliant and very comfy beds.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite not a huge difference in price but well worth it
Green Features: they had bins in the rooms with sections for recycling
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 26, 2013

What a lovely hotel. I was in Boston on business. I exited the cab why my luggage was being retrieved. My luggage made it inside and the bellhop was waiting with it by the elevator by the time I had checked in, and he personally escorted me to my room. What service. The room was clean and quaint. I had room service the first night and it was in my room in a flash! There is a fireplace in the lobby and chairs to sit around - it's a pleasant touch as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Coventry
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Only 2nd hotel review ever but I just have to tell everyone how brilliant the staff are at this hotel.
My wife and I gave stayed at some of the poshest and most expensive hotels in the world but the service and friendliness at the Lenox was without any doubt the best we have ever had. Nothing was too much trouble and we will be returning next year.
I would recommend this hotel for its comfort and location anyway but the staff set it apart.
Excellent and thanks to everyone

Room Tip: Junior suite without an adjoining door
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I can't really add more to what many people have already said. Brilliant location right in the middle of Boston, just where you want to be - only one street away from the Subway. Lovely, friendly service from all the staff; Concierge & Front Desk were both very helpful, and even printed me out a map so I could walk to somewhere. Free tea & coffee in the Lobby in the mornings (no kettle in your room, but there is a fridge). Nice bedroom & bathroom, with free WiFi. Wonderful “old” feel to the place (but in a good way!), like the slightly cloudy mirrors in the lifts. Would definitely stay again if I went back to Boston.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Glenville, NY
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Every year for the last 6 years during February we have booked a room at this hotel. The moment you get there you are treated like royalty. The service and the decor of the lobby, bar and rooms are elegant. Will be going back again 2014. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: January and February the hotel has some great specials.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aginbyte
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have been coming to this hotel for many years - even got married here! From the well-furnished and maintained rooms to the great Jimmy Fisher, the senior (and I mean senior) bellman who has worked for the hotel since the days before the current owners, the Saunders, bought it in 1960. Jimmy never forgets a face and even remembers what rooms we like.

Green Features: The Lenox was one of the first hotels that I saw that made attempts to be environmentally friendly. This was many years ago.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple