“Great Staff, Great Location”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 12, 2013

As other reviews have said, the staff at this hotel are extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them and they always greet you with a smile upon entering or leaving the hotel. The hotel itself is a solid 4 star in a great location, with plenty of bars, restaurants, shops etc within easy walking distance. Half hour walk down to the harbour area and Quincy Market. Beds are extremely comfy, plenty of toiletries in the bathrooms, which are replenished daily. We only ate breakfast in the hotel, but this was more than adequate and filled us up for a day of shopping in the Prudential Mall next door and the outlet village at Wrentham. All in all a great hotel and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: High corner rooms are the biggest with the best views.
1  Thank Buzbyago
Write a ReviewReviews (3,450)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Second stay here at start of two week trip to USA. What can I say? Love it love it love it!!!
Fab location , near great shops and restaurants on fab Newbury street. Walking distance to Boston common and other attractions.
Had a junior suite this time with fireplace . Room spacious and very clean. Beds super comfy.
Service was great. Made to feel welcome by all staff . My six year old was given a lobster on arrival ( to add to his collection)
Ate breakfast in the restaurant . No complaints at all. Will always stay here when visiting Boston. Great hotel in a great city !

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank newyorkgal72
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Loved this hotel. We were slightly taken aback when we arrived as the door staff were wearing casual clothes but realized quickly they were wearing Red Sox shirts during the World Series. In fact, all staff were similarly attired and we loved this. All staff were so helpful but especially the concierge who directed us to restaurants which fit our sometimes tough criteria. One evening, we happened to mention there was a birthday to celebrate and a lovely box of chocolates was waiting in our room when we returned later that evening. Our room was large and very nicely appointed. We were travelling with another couple and our rooms were across from each other and this worked wonderfully. Location in Boston was great. Don't know what else to say. We had a great time here and would certainly come back again.

1  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My second visit in just over a year and I was delighted to find exactly the level of service I remembered from my last visit. The warmth and helpfulness of the staff make staying at The Lenox such a pleasure. Unbelievably I was allocated the same room as on my last visit so I certainly felt "at home". Yes perhaps a refurbishment would be timely but everything was looking spotlessly clean.

The staff in City Table, at Reception and Concierge were so friendly I cannot praise them enough but a special mention for the bellhops who were fantastic in taking care of my not inconsiderable luggage and getting it loaded into my car when it came time to leave- one in particular (Chris?) was so helpful when a fault developed with my GPS and actually came in the car with me to direct me to the rental car company in the Prudential Centre where it was replaced and thus a disaster getting lost on an extensive trip around New England was avoided.

Thank you to everyone in The Lenox. Bravo!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank counterpoint
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here and felt at home. Like the other reviews I agree the hotel is a bit tired especially bathroom although the public Rest Rooms downstairs in the lobby are brilliant. Our sink was cracked and the bathroom needed a refurbishment. However the bedroom was fine, really big with 2 double beds. The lobby downstairs is lovely and we always had a huge welcome when returning after a day out in this lovely city. There is a lovely atmosphere in this hotel. The concierge and front desk staff are really helpful and friendly.
One little problem I had was that I ordered a cocktail which included a Grand mariner but because they had ran out of this they replaced it with Cointreau WITHOUT telling me!! No point, as I knew immediately there was something wrong with my drink. When I asked for a Grand Mariner on the rocks they admitted what they had done. I didn't want to spoil the evening by making a real fuss, but I should have been informed about the replacement and given a choice. By the way I would have chosen another cocktail not a cointreau based cocktail. The waitress left us alone after that because she was really guilty. Sorry no tip.
I would recommend the hotel.

1  Thank suitcase0810
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights at The Lenox...Nov 5 & 6. Everything was great. All the reviews were very accurate. This hotel is all about customer service and would surely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a class act. The location is second to none. Had drinks at Solace and was very happy...had the best waitress at City table, her name was Genna. My wife and I will definately return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nick124
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and I would be happy to stay there again. Stayed for 4 nights in a Queen (corner) suite with my Mother at the end of June.

I chose this hotel as I was travelling with my mother (74) and it is very well placed to take a gentle stroll to most parts of Boston.

The staff and service could not be faulted for friendliness and professionalism but the rooms feel a little jaded. Room was comfortable and reasonably spacious but there was only one bedside table to share between both beds, no coffee making facilities, the bathroom felt dingy / old fashioned and the furniture was showing signs of wear n tear (and I don't mean in the antique sense).

At close to $500 a night I don't expect those issues, especially as there is no pool/spa etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family