“Could this place feel any more wonderful?”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Warm and cozy and yet elegant and luxe. Amazing people - from the sincerely friendly front desk staff to the helpful concierge and kind waiter and manager at City Tables. The corner room I got was spectacular and elegant, with a chandelier, fireplace, and gigantic HD TV. Bathrooms are small, but stocked with wonderful Kiehl's products It turned cold one of the days I was there, and it was GREAT to see a nice fire going in the lobby fireplace - very welcoming. I traveled for years for work, and I'm not sure I've ever stayed in a nicer hotel My room was gorgeous.

Only two negatives: 1) the beds are rock hard - which a lot of people like, but I don't. 2) City Tables has wonderful service people (just like the whole rest of the hotel), but as of Oct '13, the food just isn't that good, especially on Mondays when the "real" chef is off. Will definitely try them again, though.

Room Tip: Rooms 1,7,12,18,19,20,and 22 look smaller on the back-of-the-door floor map.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liontamer
Write a ReviewReviews (3,450)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you want to feel like a true Bostonian, this is the place to stay. The staff is friendly, professional, & great with suggestions for local eats & activities. We have stayed here several times, and plan to return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

everything excellent from price, hotel, food, location. All top marks. The whole experience was brilliant and we would advise anyone if they were heading over to Boston then stay at the lenox. We had a great time.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank IThomson45
Reviewed October 13, 2013

There are not enough stars in order to rate this hotel accordingly. From the moment you stop in front of it the experience begins. The doorman will not only bring your bags inside, but also give you priceless information about nearby bars and restaurants, also made a reservation for us in the North End. The front desk staff was amazing, very friendly and helpful. The room was spectacular.
I will stay here next time when I am around.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is the 4th time I've stayed at the Lenox over the last couple of years, and I'm always impressed with the personal, professional and friendly customer service we received. My best friends from college all meet here annually to catch up. Meredith is lovely to work with to book our room and she handles restaurant reservations and any special requests. The door folks and front desk are friendly and helpful, even when we're a little off the mark (divvying up a check for 3 rooms among 7 people, losing our parking tickets, coming in late at night!,etc.) This weekend we received a "welcome home" note in our room, and I have to say, after traveling from California with a bunch of luggage, entering the lobby of the Lenox felt like home. Thanks all!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend and were a little surprised after reading all the previous reviews. Don't get me wrong, the hotel was nice, but it wasn't really worth the price in my opinion. It is a historic hotel (read: old) and I was expecting the rooms to be a little more updated. The furnishings were small, bathrooms had tubs/sinks that were cracking, and the room was tiny. Each room is different, so we noticed that other rooms looked quite a bit larger than ours. The bed was comfortable and the staff was all very nice, but I expected a little bit more for the price. The location can't be beat, however, and the turn down service was definitely nice. Overall, I don't know that we'd pay to stay here again, but we have no complaints.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 915, which was about the farthest from the elevator we could be. We had a view of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I'm not sure why people make a fuss about this place. It's fine, a nice option in an attractive area. Maybe it was just our room (301), which was close to the elevator and overlooking a busy noisy corner. The room is decent size, but bare, with lots of empty space, but a dresser by the foot of the bed, leaving only a couple of feet to get by. Yeah, the TV sits on it, but maybe hang the TV on the wall and put the dresser in the big empty corner instead.

The room has a refrigerator with a couple of complimentary water bottles, and Kiehl's products in the very small bathroom. That's it for amenities. The people in the lobby were very nice and helpful and the morning coffee was good. The lobby itself is small and pleasant, and free wifi is nice. But there was nothing about this hotel that made me want to return. There are a lot of good choices in the same neighborhood.

Room Tip: Avoid any room ending with 00 or 01
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family