“Wonderful Back Bay Hotel with Superb Service”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

From the moment I pulled up outside the hotel, I realized why this place is so respected. The service and attitude of the employees was fantastic. The location is perfect for visiting the sites of Boston. We were stopping in for a quick two day visit. I have a family of five and the queen/queen suite with a rollaway provided tons of room for my family. I thought the rate was reasonable as well.

Upon our return to the room the first night, there was this basket full of treats and games for my kids. Gestures like that make parents very happy. This place is great for all. However, if you do have a family I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank whatupdude
Write a ReviewReviews (3,465)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Lenox Hotel is charming with an old world feel. The location is great (just behind the Boston Public Library - which is very pretty if you want a quick visit) and steps to the Copley subway station which takes you pretty much anywhere tourists would want to go in Boston (Harvard, MIT, downtown, harbour front, etc.). Service was great, all staff was helpful, courteous and responsive. We had the junior suite on the 8th floor. The room was large, the bed was VERY comfortable and the bathroom shower had good pressure (a key for me). I will mention that the bathroom door did not close - at all. The door looks to have expanded over time and no longer fits the door frame - likely needs to be replaced. It didn't matter too much to us (we didn't complain about it) but if you are looking for privacy you may want to double check the doors when you first check in. The one funny thing about this hotel I will add is the doors to get in and out of the hotel are mechanized and take a little practice to maneuver. You have to push lightly and the doors will open automatically but everyone just pushes hard because most people don't read signs. Just something to note, not a deal breaker by any means.

Overall I loved my stay at the Lenox and would happily return. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel whenever we're in Boston. We simply love it. We have stayed at other nearby hotels in the past, and they were nice, but since our first stay at The Lenox, we haven't stayed at any other Boston hotel. The location, decor, cleanliness, amenities.... all of these rate 5 stars. However, it is really the staff that brings us back here time and again. The staff at The Lenox is absolutely top notch, and that holds true for every level of staff that I have dealt with. Just stayed here for a night while in town to celebrate my teen daughter's birthday. The staff member at the desk overheard one of us mention her birthday and when we returned to our room after a night out, there was a note for her, telling her to look in the fridge. In the fridge, of course, was a lovely dessert of chocolate cake, strawberries and whipped cream along with a "Happy Birthday" note signed by the staff. They never miss an opportunity to impress! Kudos to the Lenox staff!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jteeuu
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

If you're one of the millions like me who can't breath in feather filled hotels, look no further in Boston...period. I have had so many bad experiences with the "best" hotels. The Lenox is nothing short of genius having an ENTIRE FLOOR!!!!! dedicated to hypoalergenic easy breathing! The basic room, is on the small side however the price, at least that I paid in late June, matched what I would expect. Cool old classy charm in the building with a VERY attentive staff. Step out the door onto Boylston, and seconds away from Newbury, Comm etc. My favorite area to be based in Boston, with backbay station up the street, the library, Fenway, great shopping, dining, the T, Prudential and more. Walk up commonwealth to the gardens and you're steps away from Freedom trail and all the history stuff without having to stay in that (bit boring) business end of town. I'll be back again and again to the Lenox.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the time you pull up to the valet or walk down a hall corridor the staff are friendly and helpful. The valet guys work hard and treat everyone like they are "rock stars". They pull out the red carpet. Peter the door man, Erik the valet and the rest of the staff were excellent. Staff check in and concierge Nina were also professional and courteous. When I checked in I was in a nice size room with a fire place. An knock on the door and I got a personal note from Ashley, Andy, Kristie, Mo, Mohammed & Julia along with some goodies. The hotel is in a great location walking distance from Boston Common, Newbury Street and excellent Restaurants.

Make sure you sign up for stash rewards a nice way to get points when staying at the Lenox.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We had booked the Intercon but cancelled since we found out that most 5 star hotels in Boston had 2 full sized bed in rooms. For the same price, Lenox offers 2 queen suites-- perfect for families. Kids got great coloring kits, staff was amazing, and we loved the personal touches.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our family just completed a four-night stay at the Lenox Hotel, and we could not be more pleased. This is an elegant, historic property in a central location in Back Bay, close to Newbury Street shopping and next door to the Prudential Center and the Boston Public Library. Our room ( a small suite) was spacious and beautifully appointed, with a comfortable sitting area and large TV. We have stayed in many historic hotels, some more grand, but never has a hotel staff approached the level of the Lenox in friendliness and hospitality. From pleasant greetings of "Welcome back" whenever we returned, to helpful suggestions and inquiries of what else they could do for us, the staff made us feel truly welcome and appreciated. We hope to return many times.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family