“One of my best hotel experiences ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Lenox Hotel
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Palatine
“One of my best hotel experiences ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel experience was simply perfect. If that is enough for you to know, you can stop reading now, The rest of this review will detail the myriad ways that I loved my stay here.

Check-in was fast and so very welcoming. A surprise upgrade was the start to this great 2-night stay. A little map is included with the key card...I loved that touch. And we used the map. The room was a junior suite. Chandelier in the room. Working wood-burning fireplace. Comfy velvet sofa. This was a very inviting and cozy room. And we had a magnificent view of Boston, Water bottles in the fridge are complimentary. They have Kiehl toiletry products which I love. The beds were very comfortable.Turn down service included a chocolate bunny from the Lindt store downstairs. I love chocolate, thank you very much. There is an ipod dock in the room.

There is coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning, And iced tea and brownies in the evening. I was looking for the hot tea in the afternoon and was told that it is only offered mornings. I must have looked very disappointed because the front desk representative offered to send a pot to my room compliments of the hotel. Every opportunity possible the staff made gestures like this to make my stay special The staff here are true professionals.

We asked about using the fireplace. I could not figure out how to start it. Someone came with logs and started the fire. Crackling logs and soft firelight for the evening...blissful.

I used the fitness center. Good quality equipment just like at my fitness club at home.

This is a great back bay location..near the T stop and many restaurants. An easy walk to Newbury St. We used it for a college visit to Boston University.

I will stay here every time I come to Boston. Thank you Lenox staff for such a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

From when we arrived to our departure the staff were great. Nothing was a problem. Clean rooms and buzzing atmosphere !!! And great value for money. Staff went that extra mile to help guests!!!. Room maids were great. Receptionists great. Great location. Will be visiting again

• Stayed March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

It had some good review so I thought why not. resturant has a party bar in the center meaning that no place in the resturant is quiet. Worst meal I have ever had in Boston. Small sliver of Salmon, over cooked grilled brussel sprouts really tough, and a puddle of parsnips. Well the wine was good.

Bathroom really small had to sit side saddle on the john. NO COFFEE MAKER, haven't seen that since Vegas.

Breakfast was as bad as dinner, only butter for the toast.

In the room you can hear every noise from rooms on each side and the hall. PArking $45.00 a night.

Staff was great and tried but in my opnion had nothing to work with.

Room Tip: Want a good room, try somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Walt V
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Lovely comfy place. We just got back from our busy day and placed in the night stand was a Godiva Easter bunny! Wow!

Also, Softest towels ever!

Housekeeping and staff are so attentive, We were so thrilled with everything.
Great location, amazing restaurants.

Rooms near elevator a tiny bit noisey.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank kmpayea
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely small hotel in a city where many hotels are massive . Not far from Newbury street and some great restaurants its the perfect spot for a weekend getaway . I have stayed here many times and will always go back !

• Stayed February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband, preschooler, one-year-old and I just spent 4 nights at the Lenox Hotel in Boston and I am so impressed. And, I'm quite happy to write this glowing review.
Aesthetically I was really pleased with the common areas as well as our room. The hotel is beautifully decorated. The decor and furnishings are truly elegant without being fussy or looking mass produced. Our room, a junior suite, was large and airy and really used the space well so we were able to put our things out of the way and have time to hang out and relax (or play). We had a corner room with a terrific view. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was attractive and functional.
I was also really impressed with housekeeping. The room was impeccably clean. I'm picky and have pretty bad allergies and I didn't notice any dirt or dust. Nor did I have to take an allergy pill any of the four nights.
And, that was just one example of the terrific service. Room service was amazingly quick to deliver morning coffee. The doormen cheerfully helped me navigate the steps with the stroller. Turn down service was charming. And little extras for the kids made us all feel good.
A few other nice surprises: the towels were actually soft and plush! The windows open to let in fresh air and the room was really quiet despite the hotel being quite busy.
It's a fabulous hotel and I hope to stay again very soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The slogan for this hotel is GOOD TO GREAT, and the staff certainly knows how to do that.

The Lenox Hotel is in the heart of the Back Bay area, and is right in the middle of everything. If there is a place you wish to visit that outside of the Back Bay area, then there is a station for the "T" (subway transit system) less then a block away.

There is an attached restaurant that serves wonderful food.

I simply can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends