“Just love The Lenox”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wilmington, Kent, UK
“Just love The Lenox”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my husband and my third visit to The Lenox, and hopefully not the last. The Lenox is ideally situated, near tourist attractions, shops and good restaurants. Try walking down Exeter Street and along the Charles River, a good walk especially in the Fall. We usually stay in October but this year stayed in August, maybe a bit too hot for us.

Our room was, maybe, not the best we have had as far as where it was situated, we looked out onto a side road and wall, but none the less kept spotlessly clean. The bottles of water and chocolates in our room of an evening just add finishing touches. Free coffee and fruit in the morning is providing in the lobby, as well as juice and cookies or doughnuts in the afternoon. Haven't found that in other hotels we have stayed at.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at The Lenox. From the staff who help you carry your bags up the stairs from the main entrance in Exeter Street to the ladies who turn the bed down of a night time. We didn't see Jimmy this time, he was on holiday, but our thanks as always to Sid and to Krista Bernard who helped us out with a few queries.

Hopefully, will be back in October 2013, can't wait.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bit of a view, we will next time we go.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pickersgills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our second stay at the Lenox. It is in the perfect location. Had no problems. Staff is friendly and helpful - got us and our friends on the same floor even though we had not initially requested it.

The is a historic hotel that has managed to stay true to the period but freshen things like the bathrooms and soft goods.

Once again really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to get back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Murfreesboro
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my first visit to Boston ever, and when I could not get a room at Hotel Nine Zero in downtown, I booked directly with Hotel Lenox for a whopping $300 a night! This place is too noisy for a luxury hotel, and doesn't deserve the rating or price. I arrived around 2 pm and found no ramp outside the front entrance (and no one in sight to help), so I had to juggle my luggage up the front steps. Please note: a ramp is ESSENTIAL here. Inside I was promptly asked by the manager if she could assist me. I told her that I was here to check in. My reservation was for a top or upper level room on the quiet side of the hotel. I said to the attendant that I would be happy to wait for such a room. A female supervisor interjected and assigned me an upper level room on the front of the hotel across from the elevators. I understand that the hotel business isn't easy, and perhaps this was meant to accomodate me as a customer, but the result was 'lost in translation'. I would rather have waited for a quiet room to be available on the quiet side street around the corner. Room is larger than expected and features a Pure Air Ionizer that appears to work OK. Management should be commended for the impeccable appearance and attention to detail. A wall clock in the lobby would be helpful.This won't be my only visit to Boston but I will not stay here the second time around. Business center not accessible after several separate attempts and even after getting a new key card from the front desk....perhaps there are special hours to use it...no problem with using the card to enter my room, though. Special 'Lenox Hotel scent' wafts through the air ducts and in the hallways. And yes, there is a barking dog next door, that sometimes pounces/thumps on the walls, but I can grin and bear it (!). Classic slamming doors are standard here, too.

Room Tip: If only someone had posted this tip before I arrived: Rooms 00 and 25 appear to special, at the end...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff was frriendly and welcoming. They made me feel at home. They helped me coordinate my transportation needs to Cambridge and the airport with precision and courtesy. I was on time for all my appointments.
The hotel is clean and well- maintained. It is close to many restaurants and a huge, modern shopping center. I am partial to Max Brenner's chocolate, so it was an added bonus that it is located close to The Lenox. The Wi-Fi service was fast and reliable. It is located in a central, good neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aquiles6
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this grand old hotel in the Boylston area on a combined business & pleasure trip recently, and it was wonderful. The room was spacious and quiet and the location was perfect. Lots of interesting boutique shopping and a huge selection of restaurants in a 3-4 block radius from the hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the cozy bar was a great place to unwind after a day at work or play. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Lenox is stunning outside & inside! We had a junior suite which was a nice big room and also had a fireplace - was almost a shame it wasn't cold enough to enjoy this!
Staff were friendly and always willing to give us recommendations on where to go and what to do! Lovely old Australian bell boy (89 I think!) who had been working there for years, he added to the charm of the hotel perfectly!
Good location, easy walk to Newbury Street & Copley Square, also Prudential Centre for shopping.
Only slight complaint is the cost of parking, hadn't taken this into account when booking the hotel- an extra $43 per night so remember this if you're taking a car with you!
Overall would definately return and definately recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Warwickshire
Reviewed October 7, 2012

After travelling around New England for a couple of weeks we had come to expect cheerful and positive hotel staff, however none of them were in the same league as those at the Lenox. In some places it seems they were just putting into practice what they had learned on a course, here you felt they actually meant it and took a personal pride in your well being. The room was very comfortable and well equipped. The desk chair was particularly comfortable, when I discovered the retail price on the Internet I knew why! I will have to be a very good boy for Santa to bring me one of those at Christmas.
It had been our plan to eat out whilst in Boston but for various reasons ended up in the hotel restaurant. Here we found the food to be imaginative, good and fairly priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple