“Character Building”

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a beautiful, historic hotel in a great Boston location. The bathroom products and quality of fittings were very nice and everything was very clean. The staff on reception were polite but didn't go out of their way too much. My one disappointment was that our travel agent advised them in advance that this was our honeymoon but the hotel did not acknowledge this in any way. I thought that they would maybe put a note in the room to say congratulations- but no. Also, I found out later that my sister had emailed three times to see if she could pay for us to receive a congratulations bottle of wine in the room but they ignored all her emails so this didn't happen. I loved the decor throughout the hotel though- all the carpets, bedding, decorations etc. were very nice. I though that, for its reputation and price, it would have been a bit better, but I was happy with everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyCruiseFan
Write a ReviewReviews (3,425)

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is excellent, it has great quiet rooms, nice bathrooms, good service, friendly staff and a perfect location.

Stayed here for a weekend in August and had a "standard" room, which was perfectly suitable for a couple. Everything was very clean and well kept. The fridge in the room with a couple of free bottles of water was a nice touch, and the internet access worked flawlessly.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Just perfect, wonderful helpful friendly staff ,very comfortable quiet rooms ,free wi fi , good location for food shopping and tours, all in all one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at , would recommend to anyone

Room Tip: we had a room on the top floor , quiet and a nice view
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a hotel that has earned its reputation of exceptional service over time and its obvious they take it very serious. Friendly and attentive it is a nice feeling to be served by professionals. Room was very nice, enjoyed the Bose Sound Dock and also large flat screen. It has the details and amenities you would expect for the price and we walked to Fenway for a concert in only 15-20 minutes through a nice area of Boston. Not cheap but worth the treat.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Unbeatable location in boston. Newbury and Boyleston at your door (shopping and dining galore). The "T" line one block away.Two blocks from the Commonwealth Ave Park greenway (important since we had our two small dogs with us). Friendly staff (they warmly greeted both us and the dogs every time), restaraunt and bar on site (had two great breakfasts there) We were in a two Queen roomy suite. It's a historic building, so the bathroom was on the small side, but there was a full single vanity, so there was a place for some toiletries. (Despise baths with pedastal sinks) We usually stay at the Commonwealth, but it was booked. The only issue we had, and we reported it, was a previous occupant had smoked in the room. They offered to come up and treat the room immediately. We will return here for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have a great deal of love for this hotel as I stayed here when I got engaged to my fiancee. The service is exceptional and the location is, IMO, the best in Boston. My favorite part of the hotel is the scent. When I inquired about the great and relaxing scent, I was told that they have a lemon grass mist that is pumped through the ventalation system, giving a comforting aroma through out.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I visit the Lenox Hotel regularly, and am never ever disappointed with the service and quality of the property. This was a particularly special visit while also going to Billy Elliot at the Boston Opera house with two friends. The staff at the front desk were incredibly courteous and helpful and my room was unbelievable. Every detail was taken care of, and the service is like no other hotel where I've stayed. It is why I keep coming back again and again. Why stay anywhere else in Boston?

Room Tip: A higher floor is always nice--away from the street noise, but I've never stayed in a "loud...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends