“Beautiful interior, accommodating staff!”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Lenox Hotel in January of this year for my birthday. Upon walking in the front door my breath was taken away by the sheer luxuriousness of the interior. A cozy sitting area immediately greeted us upon entering, as did a gracious bellman who offered to take our luggage. We were checked in by a friendly front desk clerk who gave answered all of our questions. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We ordered room service that evening which was a little pricey, but delicious! The front desk staff was more than accommodating the next day when we asked to leave our luggage at the desk while we explored Boston further. They put absolutely no pressure on us whatsoever to retrieve our luggage at a specific time. We will definitely be returning should the opportunity arise!

Room Tip: Ask to book a room on the top floor. They'll tell you that it all depends on availability, but i...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,420)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here in July 2011 for a week. Mother and daughter trip. We had a great time and LOVED this hotel. To begin, it is in a great location. Everything in Boston is basically walking distance, but this hotel was right in the middle of everything. A short walk to exceptional restaurants and shops. The rooms are classic in design, so do not think you'll get something ultra-modern. My one complaint was that the bathroom in our superior double was very tight. For me this was not a problem but if you are a bit taller or wider, it would be.

I particularly enjoyed the bananas and tea/coffee in the morning and the afternoon cookies with iced tea! The spring water they put in your fridge is so refreshing after running around the city. The staff was informative, polite and professional.

The hotel itself has so much history to it. I loved the elevators, the old school charm in the hallways and the little displays outside the elevators including letterhead from years gone by and photos of a transforming Boston.

I was inspired to write this review now, because a year later mother and daughter are returning to Boston for a weekend and would not stay anywhere else! Back to the Lenox we go!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ahrc86
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Over priced and Over Staffed. If you are staying with a package deal, remember the $43 parking fee and tips are NOT included in the price. Rooms are small. The Concierge was very nice and helpful. Overall, I was very disappointed and I have stayed in better Holiday Inns.....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank addvisor12
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Lovely hotel and incredible service. Went for 3 nights in July and staff were flawless, always on hand to help and give recommendations etc. Spacious and clean room. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Boston.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We were in Boston for a conference, so we were able to see our friends' hotel rooms; they made me jealous. There is no definition for luxury that I know of that describes this hotel. Our room was very dated in its decor, ugly actually. They gave us, a newly married couple, a room with two twin beds. Why hotels still have twin beds is beyond me. The door sticks and takes a few attempts to open, which is annoying. The toilet wouldn't stop running after flushing. It is not luxurious to have to open the toilet tank to stop the water flow. The night table is so small that there is no space for guests to put their glasses and a cup of water. You can go to their web site and see for yourself, they don't put the alarm clock in the pictures because there would be little table space left. They do not have a coffee maker in the room, nor do they have them upon request. They think going to the lobby to get some is equivalent to enjoying some in your room as you wake up. At least they could make the room service pot cheaper($11), but I guess that is their ploy. I would not recommend this hotel, nor would I stay here ever again. The Revere is much nicer, and cheaper (and has great in-room coffee).

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Fitex
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I am a "Hilton guy" (i.e., I stay at Hilton most of the time), and I am used to excellent service and great facilities. The Lenox hotel and especially its team are above any expectations. I travel to Boston often for business, and I have chosen this hotel as my number 1 choice. The biggest difference about this hotel I would summarize as follows. When I stay at a nice hotel, I feel like I am at a nice hotel. When I stay at The Lenox, I feel home. Nothing can beat this feeling for me. The staff is amazing, and they always exceed my expectations. Keep up the excellency, Lenox!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Although a little pricey, the hotel is excellent, the location is excellent, the service is excellent, and the rooms are excellent. We had a double queen junior suite, added a cot, and had plenty of room for my husband, 3 young boys, and myself. There is no pool and the lobby is small, but the service was on par with Disney's. My husband raved about the concierge's services and I was pleased with how friendly and professional the entire staff was. I highly recommend this hotel.

The hotel is located in a lovely shopping area, akin to Yorkville (for you Canadians), and very close to a nice grocery store where we were able to pick up snacks, umbrellas, and on occasion, great pizza from their ready-to-eat area. After a particularly busy day filled with sight seeing and lots of walking, it was great to unwind with pizza in our room instead of making the kids sit through a long, expensive dinner. It's around the corner from the Duck Tours and more shopping at the Prudential Centre. Great restaurants all around the hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family