“A great boutique hotel in the center of the city”
Review of Lenox Hotel

Lenox Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ankara, Turkey
“A great boutique hotel in the center of the city”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed in Lenox for 5 days and loved it so much. As it is in the center of Boston, I can easily walk most of the sight-seeing places. I especially liked the ancient theme of the hotel, it looks like a boutique hotel. If I go to Boston again, I prefer to stay in there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Whirling_Dervish_TR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Very nice hotel, some parts feel a bit dated but the over all is so good this only adds to the charm of the hotel. The area around is very good, nice restaurants and shopping. The tram is also close by. We payed a small fortune for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but it was good. Complementary wifi is also very much appreciated.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hopkinton, MA
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were very pleased with the Lenox. I had arranged to stay one night for Brian's birthday. The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't make dinner reservations ahead of time and the concierge was able to get us a seating at the Top of the Hub with a great window view. There was also a complimentary bottle of wine in our room with a birthday note. An awesome touch! The hotel is really quite nice but I think the service is what makes it all the better. The bar is a great place for pre-dinner cocktails and the appetizer were delicious. I would definitely recommend...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Québec
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at the Lenox for one night. The room was not ready so they stored our luggage. They managed to lose a suitcase that we found only just prior to our departure. At that moment, we had to wait a long time for the bell boy and the person who put the luggage in the car was rude.

The room was worn out, the bathroom tiny. No mini bar, no coffe maker, a very complicated air conditionning system. The furniture is very old and should be changed.

On the bright side,this hotel location is perfect and the concierge was polite and helpful.

Next time, I'll choose an hotel in about the same location but not the Lenox!

Room Tip: Ask about the room size before booking.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Voilure
The Netherlands
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We loved staying in The Lenox. We stayed there from July 20 to August 2 2011, so in the middle of the heatwave (over 100 degrees a few days).
The hotel has nice, big and clean room (superior king), Aveda bathroom products, the room was equiped with mostly everything you could need. And what wasn't there you could just aks for. The water in the hotel is extra filtered so for us it tasted just like the water we are used to in the Netherlands, that was super. Free wifi in the hotel was a big plus, it was quick and easy to connect to.

The staff is very friendly and will help you with whatever you need. They make you feel welcome and at home. You can tell personnel enjoys working there, they seem to have a lot of fun.

The hotellocation in Boston is excellent. Park, restaurants, shops, metro, major sights: everything you need and want in walking distance. Parking was expensive (43 dollar a day), but parking always is in big cities. Valet service at the hotel was friendly and quick.

We frequently visited the hotelrestaurant (City Table) for breakfast, good price / quality ratio. On weekends they also offered brunch and I had something with bananas and wafles, that was really excellent :-)).

We really enjoyed our time in The Lenox, Boston and its surrounding area, we definitely recommend staying here. We hope to visit Boston and The Lenox again some day!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Good Hotel with nice rooms. Lovely cocktails in the bar. Great location near subway but can also walk to all the major sights.
Good service. We ate in the restaurant on our first night and food was good.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I usually do quite a bit of research before booking any hotel when I travel and my trip to Boston was no different. I was extremely happy with my choice to stay at the Lenox! It was so close to everything and I loved stepping out of the hotel and having everything right there! The room was a good size for me and had a small fridge which is always a bonus! There was a computer in the lobby for guests to use for free for a quick email check. The front desk was very helpful and friendly, as was the tour desk. They also allowed me to store my luggage for the day after checking out, since my flight was later in the afternoon. The area was very safe to walk around, even at night. I would stay here again definitely when I return to Boston!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo