“Unforgettable night”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden
Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Hello my name is Tony and I recently had the pleasure of spending a night here. I had just finished going to a Bruins game and was in no condition to drive so I decided to find a hotel for the night. After walking around for a bit trying to find a cheap hotel I came across The Holiday Inn which is located right next to the garden and the subway. I walked in and was impressed by the cleanliness of the front lobby and the friendlessness of Duke the person who checked me in . I was very impressed with his attitude and professional he showed to me. Once i arrived to my room i was very impressed it was recently remodeled and it was up to date. There was a flat screen TV to watch and the beds we comfortable. The bathroom was also very modern. I would differently recommend this hotel top any one who is at game and not able to drive. i will differently return!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ajbaker1980-25
GMJahayraSantiago, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and thoughtful comments about our hotel and service! We consider ourselves the perfect property for events at the Garden and we're thrilled you agree. I will share your comments with our staff to make sure they continue to provide the great service lever you experienced. Again, it was our pleasure and we hope to see you again during the next big game at the Garden!

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I have stayed at this facility in the past and it was a Holiday Inn Express, but then saw the name change to "The Hotel" I am confused if it is still a Holiday Inn property? The property was a great choice as the location is great, and I was able to book on rewards points. I see it is available on the Holiday Inn website, can anyone explain? thanks..Dan

Stayed: February 2011
GMJahayraSantiago, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

First, thank you for the positive review of our property. I apologize for the confusion in the name of the hotel, I certainly understand why. Ok, here is what occurred...we (Holiday Inn Express) were placed on a suspension from the brand in October 2010 to complete an entire window project. During the suspension we ran as an independent called The Hotel at Boston Garden. We completed the installation in January and converted back to Holiday Inn on the 25th of January.

I hope this clarifies what occurred and should you have any questions please feel free reach out. Thank you again for the positive review and we look forward to your next visit to Boston!

Jahayra Santiago

Reviewed February 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I came for an event at TD Garden. If you have to come to Boston for a game or a show and TD Garden, its perfect. It is right across the street. But the entrance is on this small little street not the main road and I would be feel safe walking in alone at night. The room was clean, I have no complaints there. There was a very little loby (don't let the pictures fool you), I have no idea what breakfast is about and I wouldnt even know where you would eat it. We did get a deal and that is why we decided to stay here. So my review is neutral. I did not love it and I did not hate it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
GMJahayraSantiago, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

Than you for staying with us and sharing your honest experience on this site. All reviews are important because it is yet another set of eyes and a fresh view of what we offer. We are a small 72 room hotel offering great amenities like complimentary hot breakfast and Wi-Fi in a great location for events in Boston. Our staff enjoys providing friendly service every day and making sure all our guest enjoy their entire trip experience when coming to Boston for an event. Thank you again for your review and I hope to the pleasure of having you as our guest during your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We went to a Celtics game with a group of 22 people. The others stayed at the Omni and we stayed here at the Holiday Inn Express. The others in our group met us for a pre game dinner and when they seen the location of this hotel they decided the whole group would stay here next year on our annual trip. The hotel manager was extremely helpful and the staff was pleasant as well. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would never stay anywhere else while attending an event at the Garden. The convenience of being directly across the street was great. There are dozens of great places to eat, all within a few hundred feet of this hotel! If you are attending any Garden event i would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it was great. You're a great sales guy, thank you for recommending our property for your group next year; I look forward to that conversation. I always share these reviews with our staff and they enjoy reading them daily.

I look forward to seeing you and your group next year.

Again we really appreciate the review!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night while in Boston to watch the Celtics play. In an ideal location if you're planning on going to the TD Garden. On arrival i was given a compliamentry upgrade. Although this wasnt a suprise due to friends status with holiday inn rewards scheme it wasn't guarateed so was a nice bonus on the stay. Room was a little loud but considering i was there for a basketball game you have to expect some shouting outside as its literally across the road from The Garden..

Room was a little basic but i wasnt expecting anything more. What it was, was a great base to watch a game of basketball. The bed was also very comfy which is all that i required for that night.

On the downside the breakfast in the morning was poor and would recomend that people staying dont bother paying the extra money for it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our property. It was good to read that our staff did make it a point to recognize you as a Priority Club member with an upgrade. Not as easy as in sounds in a 72 room hotel in Boston but it is important to us that our members receive any available benefits of being a member. I was sorry to read that the upgrade it did not reach your level of expectation. We do have several layouts to our suites and if location is still key the next time to plan to visit the area, please give me a call and I will make sure your next suite upgrade is worth the perk.
As with all reviews, this review with be shared with our staff. Thank you again to staying with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

Front desk was warm and very helpful. Rooms are small but well appointed and furnishings and linens were modern and stylish. Yes there was street noise but if you want to be right near the Garden and the bars in that area is this is a great place to stay. If I were staying in Boston and interested in sight seeing I would check to make sure there are no games or concerts that night. Unless you will be one of the ones singing on the street at 2 am!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
GMJahayraSantiago, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for addressing the misconceptions about our property. Everyday we do our best to provide the very best services in the Boston Market and I believe we do a pretty good job of delivering both complimentary services like WiFi and Breakfast at the lowest prices you will find in Boston! Thanks to guest like yourself, we will continue to do the right thing!

Jahayra Santiago, CHA

Reviewed January 4, 2011

I read the negative reviews of this hotel and was a little apprehensive. I had no issues at all and have already recommended the hotel to several friends and colleagues. Is it a luxury hotel? No, it's a former Holiday Inn Express in downtown Boston. Could we hear noise from outside? Yes. The hotel overlooks a busy street. That's to be expected. Was the air conditioner noisy? Yes, but who cares.

At the end of the day, it's a fairly basic hotel. Clean, quiet, private. You get what you pay for. We wanted someplace downtown where we could be based while we celebrated the new year, and got all that and more. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Consumati
GMJahayraSantiago, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review!! We at the hotel appreciate your honesty and your comments regarding some of our past reviews. Like you, I believe we provide a much greater level of service and product than most have given us credit for and it's always great when we receive one of these. We'll continue strive everyday to provide the best service and product at the best rate possible in the Boston market for our guest and it's gratifying when our guest recognize us for it. Like all our reviews, I will share this review with our staff today!

Jahayra Santiago, CHA