“Great location and superb staff!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden
Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

New Year's Eve. Welcomed us even though it was only noon time. Upgraded us to a suite(elite member) and had goodies for us plus fruit for all guests in our room. Staff was superb. Room was great but needed just minor fixes. Curtains and tub and ceiling. Better vacuuming. Complimentary breakfast was perfect and immaculate and everyone at the hotel so helpful. A great way to start 2014!!

• Stayed: December 2013
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for being our guest on New Years Eve! We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed your upgrade and welcome gifts! I do apologize for the minor issues you mentioned and will share with our engineering department immediately to repair. Happy New Year and thank you again for staying with us! Regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while in Boston for a concert. When we first entered the hotel we met the maintenance manager John. He was so helpful to my friends and I. He gave directions to the ice machine and other information regarding the hotel. When we got to the room we had a light bulb out and we call for it to be fixed. John was there to fix the problem within minutes and he was so happy while doing his job which is a rare thing these days when everyone just performing their job is asking for a tip. I will definitely stay here in the future and will recommend this hotel to others visiting the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Henrietta J,

Thank you for your feedback and for all the nice things you had to say about your stay but most importantly John. I will be sure to recognize him for his excellent service and will also share with the entire team! I really appreciate you taking the time to commend John. Thank you and please visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Hidden on Friend St. in North Boston this great little hotel is a good place to stay where the action is. Surrounded by the TD Garden, Pubs and Restaurants, even on a rainy winter day there is plenty of action. The room was excellent with a refrigerator and microwave, the staff friendly and room well appointed. The only place to park is using the valet parking. The attendants have to take the car to a garage very far from the hotel so the service took a while but the car was delivered less than 10 minutes after we called for it.
One caution, with all the action comes the noise of the city. Our room was on the fourth floor and we could still here the street noises when the Bruins let out and the pubs closed for the night.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that didn't front on Friend street. Sullivan's Pub is right across t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rwhatzo

Dear rwhatzo,
We appreciate you staying with us recently and for your feedback. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the room, the location and the staff. I will be sure to share this with the team. I do apologize for the outside noise. On your next visit we will be sure to place you in one of our more quiet interior rooms. Thank you

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We booked this place last minute while headed in to town to sightsee. While we weren't going to any events at the Garden that night, and there didn't seem to be anything going on there that night, this place would be a great stay for an event.

I'm not a fan of valeting my car in general, and had I known they were just driving your car over to the Government Center parking ramp for you, I would have done it myself (assuming you can overnight park while not in a valet section of course). Nonetheless even that wasn't a big deal.

Our room overlooked the Garden which was kind of cool (not much else to see other than old buildings), and was kind of a cool/different room layout in general. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, as it tends to be at Holiday Inn Express, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

In the dark the neighborhood looks a little iffy, but during the day you realize it's just fine. Very close (walking distance) to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, as well as plenty of bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the TD Garden. Good view, but there was no game going on, and I could see how the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kyle A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Kyle A,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is delightful to know that you gave a high score for our staff's service and the breakfast served met your expectations.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel felt like a death trap. First off the valet parking is a joke. Its over 30 dollars which is a rip off and then the next morning my car was parked in front of the hotel. It you p for vale parking you expect it to be on a lot NOT in front of the hotel!

Maybe it was because I used a IHG reward free night but they did not upgrade me.
My room was VERY small with a tiny airplane size bathroom, a fridge and small tv. I also faced a brick wall.

The elevator was horrible as once it started moving it starts jumping up and down --like jerking itself. This is scary and a safety hazard. Also they had a few loose tiles in the elevator.

The breakfast in the am was a typical express breakfast.

If it is free and there is no where else to stay in Boston you should stay in your car rather than here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank worldtravelor84

Dear worldtravelor84,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. I am sorry that our valet parking and elevator service did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us and we are confident that the hotel management will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed at this property under the old name and under the new before in the past. Excellent location situated across from North Station to connect with The Amtrak Downeaster and the T to go in town

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JamesTaft

Dear James Taft,
Thank you for being a loyal customer and a repeat guest. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we cannot wait to see you on your next visit! Thank you from the entire staff and have a great day.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I recently spent some time in Boston. I was coming back to Boston to catch my flight home. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Expesss. I liked the location across the street from the Garden, great for sports fans. It is also close to the North End where I went for dinner. I like the breakfast and the close proximity to the T. Hotel was clean, staff were friendly, and knew the area well. I would stay again it was a great find.

Room Tip: I went to the Hotels in Boston and found it. I was onn the 3rd floor, it was quiiet, warm, and clean...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathy M

Dear Kathy M, thank you for your recent review and feedback from your stay with us. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your staff and that everything went well. We hope to see you on your next trip to Boston. Thank you