“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #71 of 83 Hotels in Boston
NYC
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel felt like a death trap. First off the valet parking is a joke. Its over 30 dollars which is a rip off and then the next morning my car was parked in front of the hotel. It you p for vale parking you expect it to be on a lot NOT in front of the hotel!

Maybe it was because I used a IHG reward free night but they did not upgrade me.
My room was VERY small with a tiny airplane size bathroom, a fridge and small tv. I also faced a brick wall.

The elevator was horrible as once it started moving it starts jumping up and down --like jerking itself. This is scary and a safety hazard. Also they had a few loose tiles in the elevator.

The breakfast in the am was a typical express breakfast.

If it is free and there is no where else to stay in Boston you should stay in your car rather than here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank worldtravelor84
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear worldtravelor84,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. I am sorry that our valet parking and elevator service did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us and we are confident that the hotel management will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed at this property under the old name and under the new before in the past. Excellent location situated across from North Station to connect with The Amtrak Downeaster and the T to go in town

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JamesTaft
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear James Taft,
Thank you for being a loyal customer and a repeat guest. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we cannot wait to see you on your next visit! Thank you from the entire staff and have a great day.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I recently spent some time in Boston. I was coming back to Boston to catch my flight home. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Expesss. I liked the location across the street from the Garden, great for sports fans. It is also close to the North End where I went for dinner. I like the breakfast and the close proximity to the T. Hotel was clean, staff were friendly, and knew the area well. I would stay again it was a great find.

Room Tip: I went to the Hotels in Boston and found it. I was onn the 3rd floor, it was quiiet, warm, and clean...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy M
Dear Kathy M, thank you for your recent review and feedback from your stay with us. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your staff and that everything went well. We hope to see you on your next trip to Boston. Thank you
Fall River, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here and caught a Bruins game, walked the city to Fenway as well as Hanover St, and enjoyed ourselves. Our room/bathroom were large and the bed/pillows were very comfortable. The room in general was very well appointed to a 4 star level. The hotel is older and was remodeled but the location was perfect for us. We took in a Bruins game. We walked to Hanover St and had Italian pastry at Mike's. We took in a Ducktour of the city. We also walked through Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Newbury Street and Copley Place as well as Quincy Market.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank H K
Hello H K, thank you for being our guest. It was great to hear you had a nice stay and were able to take in some of the local attractions while visiting. Please return and see us soon!
Warm Regards and thank you again
Troy, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Dated and a lot of money for a rough hotel. The location is great but it is in need of rnovation ten years ago. Staff is very friendly, but comeon, call the contractor! When You have to work to flush a toilet I am not a happy camper , and this wasn't far from camping. Maybe I am a bit particular but fro a couple hundred a night, I expect more and especially from Holiday Inn!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JVRyan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear JVRyan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a Concert. The location was perfect to walk to everything. It's in a "walking safe" area and across the street from TD Garden. Valet Parking as well.
The free breakfast was adequate. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful.
I did read other reviews about this hotel and noted one complaint about room noise. I figured it was only one so not to worry. I was very wrong. We were given room #203. Facing Friend St. Small, but nice room until you wanted to sleep!! Granted, this hotel is in a very busy urban area but when we tried to go to sleep at 12:30 am, it was impossible! There was construction, trash removal, people yelling. I felt like our bed was literally outside down on the sidewalk!! There was no insulation from any street noise whatsoever. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.
The next am while checking out, I expressed my concerns to the front desk. They apparently must know there is an issue with this room or the ones facing the street as they gladly discounted my room charge to compensate me. I was happy about that.
In a nutshell. I recommend staying here, just ask for a " back room away from the street" as the front desk said to " for next time". Or.. Bring heavy duty ear plugs!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMJamieGleason, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear CCEMTPRNcess, thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay. We were excited to hear all the nice things you had to say about the service and the hotel. We do apologize for the noise issue you experienced. We would have gladly moved you to an interior room or a room on an upper floor had we known. We hope that you will be our guest again soon.
Brussels
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Actually I was expecting something more from the hotel.
No view from the window but just a interior view with the noise of the air conditioners.
The room was quite big with a sofa and a kitchen but the furnitures were not so great.
The breakfast was quite unispiring: both the place for the breakfast and the breakfast itself.
The staff was very friendly and responsive to your questions.
Positive things are the presence of a gym (which I didn't use) and a business center with two PCs (which I use).
A consideration: the prices in Boston are quite expensive

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosario_it,
Thank you for being our guest! Feedback like yours is crucial in improving for our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to post it. I was happy to hear the nice comments regarding the size of your room, the hotel amenities and especially the staff as we take pride in providing excellent service. I do apologize that the breakfast was uninspiring and the view was not to your liking. We do have rooms facing the exterior of the building and would be pleased to offer you this next time. We hope you will come back and visit in the near future.
Warm Regards