First, the location is RIGHT in front of the Garden (Sports complex in Boston), so when there are games, be warned it will get rowdy - and we are from Philly and know what that means; Loitering, smoking, filthy language is part of the after-scene.
Second, the street itself also has more local bars and pubs, and not the neighborhood grill type... "townie bar" is the way to describe it, with a clear and obvious "bouncer" presence outside each establishment. Given that we had a 5 year old with us, it was somewhat shady in the evenings and especially so since we stayed there during one of the Stanley Cup games, even though the Bruins were away. The hotel is literally next to the sports studio they broadcast from after home games, so it is just best to keep in mind that while its location may be nice and close for games, it can get a little crazy. There is a liquor store, pubs, bars, restaurants all within walking distance. Since the town knew it would be crazy, they had a great police presence as well. (be sure to thank one of them when you walk by… they are nice folks )
Additionally, there is a Hostel on the same street, half a block down.
Elevator was horrifically slow, so you may be better taking stairs under several circumstances.
Breakfast area was VERY small and very crowded, so the first morning we basically skipped it…. we were in no mood to ask the “lone travelers” (of which there were several) to try and move from a table with 5 chairs so we could sit with our daughter.
Business and fitness center are like most Express’s… one or two treadmills and bikes. Cleanliness was average, since we found our Channel listing card to be filthy along with the remote. No dishes or silverware in the cabinets for the room we had with a sink and fridge.
Valet was great, but VERY pricey to tip and store car… there is no reasonable parking otherwise, and they have to park the car at a garage a few blocks away, so it is a challenge to “keep things in your car for later”, and they need a solid 20 minutes to get it for you.
We had a plumbing issue in our bathroom, but it was handled VERY quickly, professionally and empathetically - so the service was outstanding and the staff very nice, considerate, attentive and aware. Overall, the hotel itself is clean and relatively up-to-date, with a few minor annoyances that come with any old building, cheap machinery (yet still functional) and life itself. The location itself and the fact it was family travel prevents me from giving it any more than 3 stars. It would be 4 had I been traveling for leisure, business or for a game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi and hot breakfast. Located across from North Station and the TD Garden making us the closest hotel to the Garden, home to both the Celtics and the Bruins. Boston is a walking city and the hotel is central to all the historic neighborhoods and attractions you want to visit. The hotel is in walking distance to many of Boston’s historic sites, Faneuil Hall, Paul Reveres house, Boston Harbor, Beacon Hill and the Freedom Trail. With many great restaurants and attractions also in easy reach this hotel in Boston’s North End is an ideal location for your next visit.Business travelers appreciate that the hotel is near the financial center, the Government Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Center and Massachusetts Eye Ear Center. Boston is home of many of the world’s finest colleges and the hotel is located in within minutes of many of them; Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, MIT and Boston College.Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston Garden has an unbeatable location with valet parking and complimentary hot breakfast, 24-hour fitness room, business center and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Boston Garden
- Holiday Inn Express Boston
- Holiday Inn Boston