I stayed for 10 nights for business purposes. I chose this hotel for three reasons:
1. It was available at the time of booking (two days prior to arrival)
2. It is walking distance from MGH (Mass General Hospital) which I was doing business with.
3. It was well priced, as they have special MGH rates.
Overall the hotel is just OK. The room is OK - not large but not very small. The bed is OK - not too comfy but not too bad either. Cleanliness is OK - not spotless clean, but not dirty, either. View - the gym across the street
The room contains a small kitchenette - totally unneeded for me. It also has a small fridge, which is always nice. It has a nice full HD TV - perfect for playing those movies off your laptop (if you bring the right cables).
The wifi worked OK - not very fast, not too sluggish.
The breakfast is complimentary and also OK. Some muffins, waffles, coffee, cereal - you really don't need more than that.
The fitness center is mediocre - a very small room with a not-really-working A/C, two treadmills, two bicycles, some dumbbells and a physio ball. You can pull off a workout, but that's pretty lame.
The staff is OK - not too friendly, but not obnoxious either.
The building is quite old, the elevator is lousy - gets stuck quite often.
The location was good for me, since it was close to my colleagues' office at the MGH. However, this street is somewhat shabby - there are always homeless people at the end of the street and a loud and sleazy bar nearby. Besides that the location is fine. A few nice pubs and sports bars in the parallel streets. There is a 7 eleven and a CVS nearby. It is also a decent location for Boston sightseeing, and right across from the TD garden if you are attending an event over there.
Overall it did the job for me, although I cannot say I enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi and hot breakfast. Located across from North Station and the TD Garden making us the closest hotel to the Garden, home to both the Celtics and the Bruins. Boston is a walking city and the hotel is central to all the historic neighborhoods and attractions you want to visit. The hotel is in walking distance to many of Boston’s historic sites, Faneuil Hall, Paul Reveres house, Boston Harbor, Beacon Hill and the Freedom Trail. With many great restaurants and attractions also in easy reach this hotel in Boston’s North End is an ideal location for your next visit.Business travelers appreciate that the hotel is near the financial center, the Government Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Center and Massachusetts Eye Ear Center. Boston is home of many of the world’s finest colleges and the hotel is located in within minutes of many of them; Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, MIT and Boston College.Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston Garden has an unbeatable location with valet parking and complimentary hot breakfast, 24-hour fitness room, business center and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Boston Garden
- Holiday Inn Express Boston
- Holiday Inn Boston