“The Most Luxurious Boston Hotel - Absolutely Dreamy”

Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I've been booking hotels in Boston for the past 10 years for overnight stays and conferences. This hotel is the most luxurious. The overnight rooms are incredible, spotless, spacious and windows open to get some fresh air!. Colleagues raved about the rooms. The bathrooms are not only huge but are extraordinarily beautiful in every detail. You will find the staff are the most professional and friendly and are eager to help with any needs. The restaurant was exceptional. The meeting space is perfect for a medium-sized group and I absolutely loved the ballroom. It's going to be hard to beat this 5* gem! I would highly recommend this hotel for stays and conferences!

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stayed here recently for a girlie weekend with my sister for shopping and sightseeing.
The hotel is very modern and everything is 'big' in that American way - big furniture, rooms, art, & smiles. The staff were truly lovely, helpfull and attentive without being overly so. They booked restaurants and cars for us and advised on good shopping and the best tours (Gotta do the Duck Tour) Rooms were a little dark but large and luxurious with ipod dock and great bathrooms. Breakfast delicious and cooked to order with fruit juice/smoothie of the day .Didnt eat in the restaurant but it seemed very popular - when we mentioned to locals where we were staying they all mentioned it. The bar was lovely. Very Smart with attentive and intelligent staff who always had a warm welcome. Very busy and smart Friday and Saturday nights. A great, genuine quality hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Amazing location that is tough to beat, rooms are comfortable with nice little sofa arrangement. Beds are very comfortable and nice bathroom. Gym was great, with a personal trainer who walked casually around to give advice. Gym includes a Kinesis wall which was fun to try. Lobby is great and bar is fantastic. Service was really top notch, including one evening where we had picked up bbq from a place in Waltham and the room service ended up setting up table in our room with silver ware and wine glasses for our dinner.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank PHCDK
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We travel all over the world and landed here, under much ado about some things. The spa is world class, perfect in every way from the moment you arrive. It felt like a private spa just for me. Moving on to the room, maid service was non existent and really poor quality. we had to ask to get the room made up, ask for towels, ask for a newspaper-which never came, and on and on that went. It wasn't the cleanest or nicest room. The bathroom was very pretty though, inspite of someone else's hairs in the john and tub. After a long journey, my husband and I got into the Frette sheeted bed and rolled into the middle of the bed in Room 710. We were so uncomfortable, it was possibly one of the worst beds we have ever slept in. The staff flipped the bed and put something incredibly hard underneath it to correct the problem. So my husband and I then rolled into the middle followed by an abrupt stop onto a rock. Not acceptable at 600 dollars a night. So we spoke to the Front Desk upon check out. The pretentious help told us that he liked a firm mattress himself, thanks for sharing! Then he said that they couldn't change all the beds and basically couldn't have cared less. All we wanted was sincerity and acknowledgment, but they give attitude. The help in the breakfast dining run the other way and disappear, even though there was one other table eating breakfast. Our food took 45 minutes to come out, and it was cold, and not very good. the oatmeal was a solid lump! It's beakfast, it's expensive and it sucked. We did have great room service, which consisted of the best warm brownie with mouse on top I have ever had in my life. I would go there just for the brownie, then leave, do not sleep in this hotel! Or go to the spa, the furniture is supremely comfortable and relaxing. ps-they charge 15 dollars for internet service!!!!!! It's not included in the 600 dollar a night fee. not worth it- Westin's heavenly bed even beats this hands down.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ItalianInspiration
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Mandarin Boston is a fantastic hotel. 1 block away from Newbury and there are several great restaurants very close.

Hotel is incredibly clean and comfortable. I didn't like the pillows my first night, but they offered to bring several different types. Bathroom was huge and spotless. Staff very friendly and not pretentious like staff at The Four Seasons hotels. Great spa/exercise room.

Wouid absolutely stay here again.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in the Back Bay area of Boston. The trip was for work but our spouses attened. My husband and I stayed in an Executive King room and it was wonderful. While a hotel room is a hotel room is a hotel room....it was extremely clean and the bed linens and pillows were exceptional. We had a great view over Boyleston street and the windows truly are soundproof....we couldn't hear any traffic at all. But what makes this hotel worth the high pricetag is the service. The employees go out of their way to make your stay the best hotel experience ever....and they succeeded. We would love to stay there again!

Reviewed April 20, 2010

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in in my life. From the minute I made my reservation, I was treated like royalty. I was in Boston to run the Marathon and decided to splurge a little to reward myself for my hard work. And the hotel was 1 block from the finish line, one from the expo, close to the bus I needed to take to the start, next to a T stop, and had good Italian restaurants (and the whole city) nearby, so the location was perfect. The staff is uniformly wonderful. The front desk even gave me and several guests admission to a private party overlooking the race course, and allowed me a very late check out. The room was gorgeous, the bed divine. The deep soaking tub and bathroom were fantastic. The walk in closet was huge. The room was extremely quiet. I ordered breakfast and a wake up call at 4:30 a.m. the morning of the race and both were performed exactly at that moment. The bell man helped me chase down a cab at a different hotel because Boylston was still closed due to the race. It's that kind of place. You MUST stay here if you are in Boston.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo