Lowest prices for your stay
$876
Mandarin Oriental
$876
Hotels.com
$881
Get rewarded with One Key
Rosalee4424
Weston, Florida
My Favorite Hotel in Boston!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 21, 2019via mobile
I always feel like I'm home when I arrive at the Mandarin in Boston.. The staff, the rooms and beautiful spa make me and my family feel like we are special. I will stay no where else when in in this wonderful city!
Date of stay: March 2019Trip type: Traveled with family
3.0 miles from Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
1,275 results
All reviews boylston street room service house car steam room in room dining four seasons luxury hotel prudential center turn down service spacious rooms newbury st perfect hotel concierge bay housekeeping turndown doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2019

First time staying at the Mandarin in Boston. All the staffs from the concierge to the reception and the bellman who assisted with our luggage are professional and extremely helpful. The House Car provides transfer within 2 miles of the hotel and it is usually accessible with a first come first serve basis. Bar Boulud is the only restaurant in the hotel; We tried the buffet breakfast and in-room dining during our stay. Egg Benedict included in the breakfast buffet as a made to order main course has a generous portion and excellent flavor. In-room dining menu incorporates a few traditional Asian options which are a nice touch for some overseas guests. Similar to other hotel staffs, the service in the restaurant has been consistently excellent during our visits.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank yaoxinmo
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear yaoxinmo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor with us and I was delighted to learn that you had a memorable experience. Your kind compliments on the overall quality of service, and especially our restaurant, Bar Boulud, are very encouraging and much appreciated by the entire team. Our house is available for guests and the Back Bay location of the hotel, only a short walk to wonderful shopping and dining opportunities, is certainly a great advantage.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel soon and please let me know should I ever be able to assist you.

Reviewed March 16, 2019

I always stay at Mandarin Oriental in Boston on my 4-5 trips per year to Boston for both family and business purposes. Hotel rooms are maintained to highest level of cleanliness and decor. Fitness center on fourth floor is excellent - comparable to the best hotel fitness centers. Dining is always enjoyable both for ambience and fine food.

Room tip: I don't know of any "bad" rooms. Sound proofing of window is perfect!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank 190kend

Dear Ked D,

First I would like to thank you being a loyal Mandarin guest and I am delighted to learn that we continue to deliver the level of service one would expect from us here Mandarin Oriental, Boston. Your kind compliments on the quality of our guestrooms, our food and beverage offerings, as well as the Fitness Center are very much appreciated and encouraging.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and please feel free to contact me at any time, should I ever be able to assist you.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

My husband and I recently stayed to celebrate his birthday. Corey from the front desk made our reservation and went the extra mile to have something special for my husband in the room upon our arrival. She was friendly and thoughtful. In addition to our birthday surprise, we were warmly greeted and shown to our room and the amenities by Alex who was professional and delightful. Our room was impeccably clean, we had a fantastic view of Boylston Street. Corey and Alex from the front desk made the stay that much more enjoyable and memorable. Thanks for going the extra mile, Corey!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cwhiteellis
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

Dear cwhiteellis,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor with us and I was delighted to learn that you had a memorable experience. Your kind compliments on the overall quality of service are very encouraging and much appreciated by the entire team. I will make sure to let both Corey and Alex know that they helped to make your husband's birthday so special.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

I couldn't say better things about this property. The staff was AMAZING...I stay in a hotel ~150 nights a year and I have to say the Mandarin Oriental Boston's staff and service is #1 in my books - they went out of their way for absolutely anything I needed. Jenn the Concierge was an absolute delight and had some great local recommendations - she helped me out multiple times - Thanks Jenn!! The location couldn't be better - right on Boylston with shops, restaurants, the Prudential Mall etc steps outside of the hotel.

The room was beautiful and the bathroom was terrific - every detail was considered and everything from the robes to the sheets to the furniture (even the great hair dryer) was clearly high-end. The restaurant in house had terrific cocktails and was fun to visit after a long work day.

The quality of the property and the location get this place 5 stars....I wish there was an option for 6 stars because the hotel staff made it feel that way. I won't ever stay anywhere else when I'm in Boston.

Room tip: Ask for the 8th floor
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank wsmorse3
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear wsmorse3,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor with us and I was delighted to learn that you had a memorable experience. Your kind compliments on the overall quality of service are very encouraging and much appreciated by the entire team. The Back Bay location of the hotel, only a short walk to wonderful shopping and dining opportunities, is certainly a great advantage.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

Firstly, the positives:
1. Our pre-arrival experience was superb! Craig was a delight in answering my multiple questions and ensuring a seamless start to our holiday. Huge thank you to Craig!!

2. As part of Amex FHR, we had asked for early check-in and were granted it, along with an upgrade which was unexpected but very much appreciated. As for the room itself, it was showing signs of wear. The curtains were stained, the furniture had minor chips and the paint needs a new coat, especially around the base boards. But, the room was large, the desk area complete with everything needed for a home office and a full range of TV channels that we enjoyed (thank you for including Bravo in the cable package). We especially liked the table and sofa combo, which made enjoying room service that much more comfortable. And, just a minor aside... Why do five star hotels not do welcome amenities? It's such a small thing, but a plate of cookies or a box of chocolates mean so much and cost so little. Shame, but perhaps I should get over it as neither the Four Seasons nor The Mandarin Oriental in Boston do it.

3. Housekeeping was flawless. The room was immaculate, toiletries replenished daily (thank you for that) and when we would to have the room service, they would be on their way as we were exiting the room. Phenomenal response time. And, they were friendly to boot! Kudos to your housekeeping team. They are the true stars of the hotel.

4. Bar Boulud was excellent, so much so that we had originally only booked a lunch there but went for a dinner as well. Service was professional, knowledgable and honest. They have a lovely champagne list with some options not often found.

5. We had Chinese Afternoon Tea in the Lobby Lounge, which was beautifully presented and very flavorful. Be warned though - it is just bites of food. We ordered Dim Sum along with it and still went away hungry. For the experience though, totally worth it.

The negatives:
1. We were awakened by security alarms on two of our four days at the hotel. The first was on a Saturday morning before 7am, the second around midnight on Monday night (or Tuesday morning). I called down but could not be given any information as to why this was happening, and was told to just stay in the room and wait for further instructions. When we are on holiday, we like to relax. This ruined that twice. To the hotel's credit, upon check out, I was asked how our stay was. When I mentioned the alarms going off during 50% of our stay, the person checking me out took our breakfast extras (the basics were already included) off the bill. It was unnecessary but thoughtful and a positive end to our stay. I don't have the young lady's name, but she did it with grace and ease and unprompted. Thank you!

2. The hotel has inside access to The Prudential mall, which in itself is a plus. However, anyone can wander in and/or out of this entrance regardless of whether or not they are a guest. That being said, we saw a couple having a picnic lunch from Eataly in the seating area along with another couple using the area to have their toddler take a nap. Considering the elevators are via key card entry only, the doors to the arcade entrance should be the same.

3.The most worrying of the security situations was on our last evening. We had ordered room service and were looking forward to a relaxed night in. Instead, we received a call from the operator saying that there was a "David Jones" on the line. As I don't know anyone by that name, I refused the call. However, I asked how the person had asked for me and was told that they had both my name and room number. Now, having been the victim of a scam and an attempted scam before, I am very vague about where we stay. Only one person (a family member) knew the hotel we were staying at, and that person did not know the room number. My fear is that it was someone internal at the hotel making this call and that left an unsafe feeling in me. Please note, the hotel operator did her job well. She didn't just put the call through and asked first. However, I was told that IT would investigate and get back to me. When they didn't, I reached back out to the hotel and was told that it was from a blocked number and that this person somehow knew we were staying at the hotel. Again, if not internal, then virtually impossible.

So, overall, the title of this review says it all.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JujubeeNewYork
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Dear JujubeeNewYork,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay here at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. While I am happy that we were able to delight you with our front desk and housekeeping services, and with our food beverage offerings, I was most concerned to learn of your unpleasant experience with our security and it is very disappointing that we failed to deliver the level of service one would expect from us in that area.

First, I would like to apologize for the alarms that disturbed you on 2 of the 4 days of your stay - certainly not the restful time you had hoped for.

Being adjacent to the Prudential Mall offers shopping and dining options for our guests and residents that are reachable without stepping outdoors. While certainly a great convenience it also means access to a public area. Please be assured that we have levels of security that insure that patrons who enter from the mall are not able to reach our guestrooms. Our security officers also regularly patrol and monitor the public areas to make sure everyone who visits us is safe.

Lastly and most concerning is the issue of the phone call. I am glad to know that our PBX operator followed protocol and did not put the call through to your room. As you say, having been a victim of a scam, I can understand why this would be a particularly disturbing occurrence.

We take the security of our guests very seriously and work hard to make sure that our guests feel safe and well taken care of while they are staying with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments in more details, in order examine the issues you experienced. Kindly reach out to me directly at PhilippK@mohg.com

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon, thereby giving us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.