Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$231
$314
Official Website
$262
  • Room Service
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
Omni Hotels
$385
$357
Fairmont.com
  • Room Service
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$229
$237
$197
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar bouludboylston streetbay roomapple storefour seasonsroom servicehouse carluxury hotelsteam roomwalk in closetrain showerprudential mallin room diningperfect hotelconcierge desklocation is greatspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I chose the Mandarin Oriental Boston as the homebase for my wedding preparations, my bridal suite, and where my entire family was staying for my wedding. The rooms were spectacular - clean, modern, luxurious, and quiet - and the service was truly exceptional.

I could not imagine ever staying in another hotel in Boston after the utterly perfect experience at the Mandarin.

Room Tip: The suites are an incredible value and very large for a city hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Mandarin Oriental, Boston was truly honored to be part of your special day and congratulations! We are delighted that you found the guestroom to be quiet, modern and luxurious and the service to be exceptional. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of joy and happiness as your future grows together.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love staying at the Boston Mandarin! It is an oasis of luxury with predictable high quality service. The staff are polite and attentive, and always welcoming. The rooms are well appointed. And I particularly like the packing bench in the closets. So convenient and civilized! The yoga mats and umbrellas are a nice touch. And the turned down beds are amazingly comfortable. I also very much appreciate the complementary welcome drink and chocolates when I arrive. There are few things, though, that require management attention. The electronic lighting control is a little confusing and not so user friendly. Lights went off and it wasn't super straightforward to figure out how to turn them back on. Also, the hot water in the main bathroom vanity takes a long time to heat, even at non-peak hours. This happened during my prior stay too. So give it a good five minutes before you really need to use it....The shower heated up quickly though. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank QualityCompass
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Checkin was very efficient. In addition to getting the basic process done, i was also asked about newspaper in the morning and wake up time as i was checking in at 10pm. The hotel offers a complimentary welcome drink which is a nice touch - i asked for a glass of skim milk - they sent it to me along with some complimentary cookies.

The room is spacious with good closet space, nice and comfortable king bed, TV with the latest technology (picture quality was fabulous), nice couch and desk with two chairs. Room has state of the art light dimming / off / on technology. Bathroom is spacious with separate tub and shower, separate toilet with door as well as large countertop with single sink and quality toiletries - the set of toiletries was full (more than what i normally see in hotels).

Hotel is well located with several nearby restaurants and bars - and in the evening this neighborhood was bustling with activity.

Service is very good: I had a package delivered to me and it was promptly brought upto my room. The ringer on the phone in the room was low and so i did not hear the wake up call. Someone came up and knocked on the door to make sure i woke up!

Room service was very efficient and friendly. Brought things in and cleared it very smoothly and with a smile. Likewise breakfast was also very efficient with coffee being replenished regularly. I was surprised they did not have a buffet but did not mind it since the menu had all regular breakfast items. My guest wanted a soy latte and it was instantly delivered.

When i was leaving in the morning it was raining, the doorman instantly produced an umbrella for me to use for the day even before i could think of asking for it.

My only compliant is that they charge for wifii. In today's world wifii should be part and parcel of the hotel offering. I hope that mandarin oriental fixes this promptly. In Asia they offer wifii for free - time to do the same in the United States as well.

Room Tip: Executive rooms were spacious - dont know about other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Wings_Wheels,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your business trip in June. We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations with our personalized welcome experience along with the luxury five-star service we strive for. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom along with all of the hotel amenities. Mandarin Oriental, Boston does provide our guests with some of the fastest Internet service in the city, with speeds up to 1Gbps. Thank you again for your feedback, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently had my first "staycation" experience and decided to spend it on the full day "Boston Breather" spa experience at the Mandarin Oriental Spa. It was 7 hours of full bliss. My appointment started early in the day so I had the entire water facilities to myself, which include a warm soaking tub and eucalyptus steam room. The service providers were friendly professional and polite. Dina was a wonderful massage therapist and Pheerada was such a gem of a person who provided the most indulgent pedicure I have ever experienced. The full day was a bit costly but it was worth it for the luxury.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for celebrating your “staycation” at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are delighted that you enjoyed our luxurious thermal experience facilities and found your “Boston Breather” experience to be absolutely blissful. We are pleased to hear our colleagues were friendly, professional and polite. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you soon for another day of calming relaxation.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Loved this hotel; all the staff is eager to help and assist with any request; they managed to book me a table at a very popular restaurant within two minutes. Beautiful rooms with lots of space. The downside is that you still need to pay for wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

On behalf of Mandarin Oriental, Boston we would like to thank you for your kind review regarding your recent business trip. We are delighted that you loved our hotel and that you enjoyed our beautiful and spacious guestrooms. We are also pleased that our colleagues were eager to assist you with making a restaurant reservation in our convenient Back Bay neighborhood.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our Wi-Fi internet. Mandarin Oriental, Boston does offer some of the fastest internet in the city, featuring 1GBps shared bandwidth. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.