Mandarin Oriental, Boston
$278
$238
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$291
$260
$328
$280
  • Pool
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Room Service
Kimpton Onyx Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$226
$299
$194
$172
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbar bouludboylston streetbay roomapple storefour seasonsroom servicehouse carluxury hotelsteam roomwalk in closetrain showerprudential mallin room diningperfect hotelconcierge desklocation is greatspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Once again a perfect short stay of 5 nights in our preferred Boston Hotel. Service, friendliness of staff and the room were great as always. Dominik Reiner from the MO in Munich is the new Hotel Manager. In our impression he further improved the service quality. Finally and long overdue WIFI is free of charge. So absolutely nothing to complain. This hotel will please even the most discerning traveler, but be prepared to pay big bucks since it does not come cheap.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Mandarin Oriental, Boston truly appreciates your feedback and we are honored to be your preferred Boston Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the friendliness of our service, our guestrooms and the high-speed Wi-Fi Internet. We always enjoy hearing from our guests when they experience the five-star level of service that our team strives for. Dominik is indeed a fantastic addition to our team. Please be sure to visit us again soon and thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've found it. I'm done. I walked into the Mandarin Oriental Boston for the first time and was greeted by name and my contract was waiting for me at the counter before I got from the revolving doors. The guy at the front desk offered to walk me up to my room when I told him it was my first visit to the hotel. The room is beautiful and luxurious plus they have a dental kit, sewing kit, shaving kit, and other little amenities. There was also a handwritten note with a brownie, bottle of water and apples waiting for me. Probably the most luxurious and service-oriented hotel I stayed in which is shocking given the price which does not even compare to what you'd spend for hotels of this caliber in NYC or even Chicago.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Carmen, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent business trip to Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are simply delighted to learn that you enjoyed our arrival experience, personalized welcome and your guestroom amenities. It is our mission to truly delight and satisfy our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your business or leisure travels bring you back to Boston, hopefully it is soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Last January, I had to go to Boston to meet with clients and, based on former experience with the MO Brand decided to stay for the first time at their Boston property. That was probably the best decision of the entire trip! January is not necessarily the best of months to visit the North East USA shore but the hotel more than made up for my choice of dates. The location is just fantastic! best shops and restaurants on the doorstep, close to the station (I was coming from NY with the bullet train) and seconds away from the Charles River and its pathways, ideal for a runner like me! The gym is well equipped with Technogym and even as a TRX. The room was enormous, with a fantastic bathroom which was larger by itself than some of the rooms I stayed in at other hotels. The internet is a dream as the connection allows for 6 devices to be connected at once, instead of having to log in and out or ask for 3 different passwords (laptop, iPad and smartphone). The staff was a delight to interact with and service was seconds away without being intrusive. The blond Lady at the Concierge desk was particularly helpful with a change I had to make with my train booking: I asked if it could be changed and left a second to get a coffee, while she was checking. In a matter of minutes (I was still at the bar), I got a confirmation of my new booking on my smartphone, with new timings and no extra cost, and a printed copy was waiting for me at the desk. The check-out is great! instead of asking me if i had the peanuts and a beer last night, they just thanked me for my stay, bid me farewell and a good trip and sent the invoice by e-mail as I was stepping out of the hotel. I will definitely stay again and would recommend to anybody who is looking for a top quality hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the street are luminous, helped by the fact that there is no direct vis a vis.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience in January and we are delighted that you enjoyed our location, large guestrooms and speedy internet. We are also very happy that our concierge team was able to assist you with your travel plan changes efficiently and effectively. It is Mandarin Oriental's mission is to truly delight and satisfy our guests and your feedback has been an integral contribution to our goals. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting from New York.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We regularly stay at the Mandarin when we visit our daughter at Boston University. We have stayed at a number of hotels there and the MO is by far our favorite. The staff is so welcoming that we immediately feel like we are at our home away from home. They are so accommodating to our small dog and to us in every way. The food is very good from Asana, the M Bar, and room service. Housekeeping is excellent and we always enjoy our time at the spa. Service overall is impeccable. Definitely recommend

Room Tip: Decide whether to have a residential/park view or city view. I prefer the quieter residential side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. Mandarin Oriental, Boston is honored to be considered your favorite Boston hotel and your home away from home while visiting your daughter at BU. On behalf of the entire team we love having the whole family stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our cuisine, The Spa and find our service levels impeccable. Upon your next visit we will be sure you are able to enjoy the quieter more residential side of the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

One of the best high end hotels we have stayed in. Service and rooms were impeccable. Hot welcome tea upon arrival was a nice touch. Personal guide to your room upon arrival was nice and only as evasive as you wish. Rooms are a very nice size and very comfortable. 5 star all the way!! I highly recommend.

Room Tip: No need for a suite. Basic rooms are large enough.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Mandarin Oriental, Boston truly appreciates your feedback and we are honored that you consider us one of your favorite high-end hotels. We are delighted that you enjoyed our personalized welcome experience, the welcome tea and your personal escort up to your guestroom. We always enjoy hearing from our guests when they experience the five-star level of service that we strive for. Please be sure to visit us again soon and thank you again for your kind words and recommendation.