This is a very good hotel, and broadly serves its purpose as a luxury hotel. However, it seems to lack the x-factor. This is the second time we stayed here, and both times have been satisfactory, but I don't know if it's worth staying here again. There is no one big thing that is wrong with the place, but a few small hiccups add up:
1. When we arrived, they told us they had no record of us ever staying there, despite the fact that last time (September 2011) they had forgotten to load our suitcases into the car before we left. When we got home we discovered they were missing...They did send a driver to bring them back, but the whole situation left a bit of a sour taste.
2. The halls smell like smoke. The rooms seem to be ok, but it doesn't inspire the greatest sense of luxury, or even calm, when you arrive at your floor and are met with an unpleasant smell that seems to be embedded in the carpets and walls.
3. There was a yappy dog in the room next to ours the whole length of our stay. We saw no apparent attempts to resolve this.
4. The fois gras starter at Asana was generally sub par
One good thing that wasn't marred by any of the above was the spa. The service was great and the facilities were peaceful and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, luxurious hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Boston combines classic New England elegance with refined Oriental touches to create one of the most distinctive hospitality experiences in the region. Awarded both Forbes Five-Stars and AAA Five-Diamonds, Mandarin Oriental, Boston features 148 guestrooms and suites over 14 floors, delighting its guests with the finest facilities and service, innovative dining experiences and an unparalleled holistic Five-Star awarded spa. A short, 15-minute drive to Logan International Airport, Mandarin Oriental, Boston connects guests to the city's finest shopping, cultural venues and business institutions from its prime location in the heart of the chic Back Bay on Boylston Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia, HotelPower, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston Hotel Boston