“Exceeded my expectations”

Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I brought my my girlfriend here as a surprise after a nice dinner in Boston. I was able to check into the room early and set everything up for later. Everything about the experience was excellent, we both had a great time. The room was absolutely gorgeous and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThatIsCheese
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear ThatIsCheese,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Boston earlier this year. We are pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Boston

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend in October 2012. This is our second visit, we gave them a second chance which is all I will say about the first visit. The hotel is beautiful as is the food but the service is appalling. Forgotten breakfast orders, plenty of apologies and promises about not so clean rooms but the piece de resistance was a hypo allergenic duvet which consisted of an old throw. This was pointed out in the morning only to be replaced with a blanket. Come on, go out and buy a duvet in Marshall's. even the holiday inn has these types of duvet for feather allergies. Badly handled and we will never return to this hotel. Avoid at all costs and go to the four seasons. They take the time to train their staff.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank chanelle d
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear chanelle d,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We sincerely apologize that your stays did not meet the standards that we endeavor to provide to each of our guests.

It is our understanding that our Front Office Manager was in touch with your travel companion during your stay and as a result of their conversation, our Resident Manager has attempted to make contact several times without success. Naturally, we remain anxious to connect with you as soon as possible. Please reach out to us directly at mobos-socialmedia@mohg.com with your telephone number since our Resident Manager would like to speak with you personally to resolve this matter.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms are sensational, service is exeptional and you can't beat the location. My wife and I stay at the Mandarin Boston every year for our anniversary, it's alway have a fantastic stay. My wife raves about the Spa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roy L

Dear Roy L,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stays with us at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are delighted to hear that you and your wife join us each year in honor of your anniversary. We look forward to helping you celebrate many more years of happiness and wedded bliss.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at The Mandarin Oriental Boston and it was exceptional!

Upon arrival we were greeted by a helpful bell boy who took our luggage and lead us to reception. Check in was efficient and friendly. We were allocated our rooms, numbers 525 and 527; both of the Back Bay category.

The rooms were beautifully appointed with a view to the front of the hotel. Every conceivable convenience and comfort had been thought of. The rooms were large with walk in wardrobe, seating area, writing desk, large tv and mini bar.

Bathrooms were wow! Walk in shower, bath and separate toilet. Toiletries were luxurious. Fluffy towels and robes provided.

The bed was very comfortable with Frette bed linen, pure luxury!

Maid service was discreet and efficient.

Whilst there my partner and I used the gym and again it was without fault.. Each station having towels and water. Headphones (disposable) were supplied for tv/radio and fruit and cold towels for post workout.

Breakfast in the Asana restaurant was excellent. The menu was varied and the portions more than enough to start the day. Beverages were also replenished as required. Staff great.

I must pay special thanks to the staff at the Mandarin Oriental, especially Kelly the concierge and Tim the bell boy. Nothing was too much trouble.

Another nice touch of this hotel is the direct undercover access to the Prudential shopping Plaza.

The lobby area provided a welcome rendezvous for afternoon tea/drinks.

Superb location for sightseeing, shopping and restaurants.

A truly fabulous luxury hotel with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Wonderful experience from start to finish.

Bravo Mandarin Oriental Boston!

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for Back Bay rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank discerningsingle

Dear discerningsingle,

It was an absolute delight to read about your recent experience with us at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We appreciate your kind remarks very much and hope to welcome you and your family back to Boston in the near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My conference was held at this hotel. From walking through the doors I was greeted as a valued guest. I have never felt so comfortable in a luxury hotel as I did here. I was always greeted by name and felt comfortable sitting in their elegant foyer. The room was superb with upscale furnishings and very comfortable couch and bed. The room was facing the back of the hotel and looked over a manicured lawn. The bathroom was the best I have experienced with tub and walkin showed along with seperate toilet closet. The very large room was without defect and spotlessly clean. In addition the hotel is internally connected to the Prodential Center, so no need to brave the cold if you wanted an evening stroll before retiring. This truely felt like my home away from home.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be a pleasure to stay in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank westwindsor

Dear westwindsor,

Many thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us earlier this year. We are very appreciative of your kind remarks and look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just because I am staying at your hotel don't call me madame 100 times.... or repeat my name 100 times...other than that and skimpy on the large towels(unless asked) it was very good. The restaurant has a french press coffee that was very good. Love Boston

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank barcelonabrat
Reviewed November 5, 2012

About a year ago, I had planned a conference for 40 people at the Mandarin in Boston. Everything went well, and Kara Churchman, the events coordinator was superb. After leaving I was sent an online review form, where I provided positive and constructive feedback. I was pleasantly surprised when someone followed up with me to extend the offer of another stay at the Mandarin in Boston at our discounted conference rate. What wonderful customer service!

My husband and I just returned this past weekend to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We were upgraded to a Mandarin Back Bay room with an enormous bath and fabulous views of Back Bay. Also, when we returned to our room after lunch on the first day, a bottle of champagne and a chocolate cake was waiting for us. Instead of hitting First Friday in the South End, we enjoyed our champagne in our Mandarin robes and slippers cuddling on the comfy couch in our room. What a treat!

They only thing I could improve would be the pillows, which look fluffy and supportive, but flatten down to next to nothing. I used two, but it wasn't ideal.

The location of the Mandarin is outstanding. First, it's connected to the Prudential and Copley Malls. We walked everywhere: Fanieul Hall, the North End, MFA, and along the Esplande. The selection of restaurants in the area is outstanding. We ate breakfast at Trident Booksellers on Newbury, and dinners at Forum and Deuxave.

The staff is well versed in customer service and goes out of their way to make you feel special. The rooms are new, huge and well appointed. They even provide a yoga mat. The gym fitness center is well equipped. The onsite spa is truly special.

Stay at the Mandarin. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaineMOM2

Dear MaineMOM2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Mandarin Oriental, Boston and for highlighting some areas that you particularly enjoyed. We hope to have the pleasure of your company for your next business meeting, the next milestone celebration in your family or for a Boston getaway.