I cannot recommend highly enough the Jeffries House; staying there right now! The Red Line location does mean some transferring to get to many sites, but it is one of the first stops after the major interchange points. Rooms are well-kept, and even the smallest studio, which I have, has room enough, even with the kitchenette. Double-paned windows on the Charles River side = zero noise. Yes, the breakfast is a bit slim...but with all the good eating you're likely to do, you won't be too disappointed. The staff is attentive and excellent. A/C is very quiet (central and individually controllable), and bathroom spacious and clean, with extras of everything. A few suggestions: Avoid the expensive grocery nearby and get things either at CVS across the street, or take the delightful stroll up Charles almost to Beacon. There you will find a most delightful and well-stocked neighborhood grocery. May I also recommend the burgers at the orginal Cheers on Beacon, dinner at 75 Chestnut, and the wonderful bread and food at Panificio, just a few doors away on Charles. Boston is a wonderfully civilized place....enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- John Jeffries House Hotel invites guests to experience the best that Boston has to offer. The stately red-brick building makes for a convenient base for exploring the thriving city, and when guests check in to this Beacon Hill hotel, Boston is at their fingertips. The 46 guestrooms at John Jeffries House Hotel resemble New England apartments, coupling traditional design and original detailing with modern amenities. Most rooms feature kitchenettes, allowing for extended stays at this downtown Boston hotel. Trained staff members ensure that every guest feels at home, providing a level of personalized service only found at a boutique hotel this size. In-the-know concierges, for example, can point couples to the city's most romantic date spots, or business travelers to the best cafés for getting extra work done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your John Jeffries House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Jeffries House Hotel Boston
- John Jeffries House Boston