This is a very nice place to stay with an excellent location and rates that are great for Boston. We stayed six nights in mid-May and had a great time. The "T" (MBTA) stop is right across the street and Boston Common is just six short blocks down Charles Street. There are several great restaurants on Charles St and downtown, the North End and Back Bay are just a short "T" ride away.
The staff was great- we took the red-eye from California and arrived at the hotel at 11 a.m. We had e-mailed ahead and were told they would try their best but couldn't guarantee the room would be ready until 2 p.m. But upon arrival, our room was already ready and we had the impression it had been one of the first rooms made up that morning.
The room had a micorwave and small refrigerator which was very nice to have. Our room had a queen bed and a sofa bed, both were very comfortable. The rooms are converted from the orignal nurses dormitory for the Mass Ear & Eye Infirmary and the place has a great charm because of this. The gathering room on the 1st floor is a great place to sit and read or meet folks. The contienetal breakfast was ok, enough to get us through to lunch, but if you want a big breakfast, there are several good places near by.
One Tripadvisor review complained about being by Mass General and all of the noise, but we didn't find it to be a problem at all. The ambulances rarely used their sirens and then only to clear traffic- not the constant wail we found in NYC or SF.
If you're looking for a lot of ammenties such as bell-hops, room services, etc. stay at the Parker House or someplace similar. But if you want a nice room, with a friendly staff, good rates and an excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- John Jeffries House Hotel invites guests to experience the best that Boston has to offer. The stately red-brick building makes for a convenient base for exploring the thriving city, and when guests check in to this Beacon Hill hotel, Boston is at their fingertips. The 46 guestrooms at John Jeffries House Hotel resemble New England apartments, coupling traditional design and original detailing with modern amenities. Most rooms feature kitchenettes, allowing for extended stays at this downtown Boston hotel. Trained staff members ensure that every guest feels at home, providing a level of personalized service only found at a boutique hotel this size. In-the-know concierges, for example, can point couples to the city's most romantic date spots, or business travelers to the best cafés for getting extra work done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your John Jeffries House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Jeffries House Hotel Boston
- John Jeffries House Boston