We stayed at the John Jeffries House for 4 nights in September. The location couldn't have been better with the T right across the way. Room was spacious and very comfortable if oddly layer out, due to shape of building. It was warm but I did notice a fan in the wardrobe. We kept the windows open and soon got used to the noise of the trains and ambulances. Wifi worked in the room, but the connection was faster in the lounge. Help yourself continental style breakfast was limited to fruit, muffins, tea & coffee etc and was available in the lounge area (I guess you could have carried it up to the room too). Tea, coffee and fruit available all day/night, which I thought was a nice touch. The staff were unobtrusive and efficient. The neighbourhood of Beacon Hill offers many pleasant dining experiences. We would definitely stay here again and provided you don't mind the risk of a room on the front where the noise level maybe higher, we'd certainly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- John Jeffries House Hotel invites guests to experience the best that Boston has to offer. The stately red-brick building makes for a convenient base for exploring the thriving city, and when guests check in to this Beacon Hill hotel, Boston is at their fingertips. The 46 guestrooms at John Jeffries House Hotel resemble New England apartments, coupling traditional design and original detailing with modern amenities. Most rooms feature kitchenettes, allowing for extended stays at this downtown Boston hotel. Trained staff members ensure that every guest feels at home, providing a level of personalized service only found at a boutique hotel this size. In-the-know concierges, for example, can point couples to the city's most romantic date spots, or business travelers to the best cafés for getting extra work done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your John Jeffries House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Jeffries House Hotel Boston
- John Jeffries House Boston