I've stayed at the John Jeffries House twice while travelling to see my son who attends UMASS. The rates are fantastic, I would say among the best in the city. The rooms are clean and well-appointed (beds are really firm, though). The hotel itself is beautiful and in an excellent location on Beacon Hill, just next to the Charles River - Beautiful grounds! It is also right across from the T and within walking distance to great shopping, restaurants and many landmarks. The only reason I didn't give this hotel an excellent rating is the staff, while not rude, do not go out of their way to be friendly. I'll be back in October!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- John Jeffries House Hotel invites guests to experience the best that Boston has to offer. The stately red-brick building makes for a convenient base for exploring the thriving city, and when guests check in to this Beacon Hill hotel, Boston is at their fingertips. The 46 guestrooms at John Jeffries House Hotel resemble New England apartments, coupling traditional design and original detailing with modern amenities. Most rooms feature kitchenettes, allowing for extended stays at this downtown Boston hotel. Trained staff members ensure that every guest feels at home, providing a level of personalized service only found at a boutique hotel this size. In-the-know concierges, for example, can point couples to the city's most romantic date spots, or business travelers to the best cafés for getting extra work done. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your John Jeffries House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Jeffries House Hotel Boston
- John Jeffries House Boston