“Good Loacation”
Review of Verona's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Verona's B&B
Ranked #20 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Good place to stay in Boston.Quiet, shady Brownstone area, within a short walk to the subway.We were able to walk to the freedom trail and the room is close to the Prudential Tower and a great street of restaurants.The breakfast is casual, fruit , bagel and cereal.We were here for three days and would definitly return.Owner is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank billking1105

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was in Boston for a conference and decided to go with this bed and breakfast instead of the more expensive hotels around the convention center. It was great. Much more affordable than the local area hotels, it was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. And since it is within a mile of the convention center, it was an easy walk. The owner was also very nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

In a very expensive city (outside of our own) this place was perfect, central and affordable much less clean. Had character and charm. Owners were great, perfect little breakfast in the morning if we wished and again, the neighbourhood was solid. Good bicycle rental place foot steps away and from there we managed to hit every place we wanted to see with a decent bike ride. When we return to Boston we'll be staying there again no doubt!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CanadianKam
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our 2nd wedding anniversary. I am going to start things off with the bad. The beds are very stiff and need to be updated. Some of the things the the room also need to be spruced up. The good the location is excellent and is close to the subway or walking distance to a ton of attractions. The price of the room was great compared to other hotels and bed and breakfast places. Overall we did enjoy our stay and would recommend it to people who are trying to save a little money and stay in a great area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jtrahan03
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This B&B is located on a shady, quite brick street with brownstones. It is about 2 blocks aways from the Bachbay station on the green line. It's a quick walk to Copley Plaza, the Prudential, Newburry and Boylston Street. A slightly longer walk will take you the the Public Gardens, Charles St and the downtown area. A very quick walk will take you to Tremont St. Tremont St reminded me of how Newburry St used to be. It has a lot of good restaurants, a few quirkly shops, and it's not swamped with people. I loved it.

I stayed in room 3, which has a little kitchenette, which I used primarily to make coffee in the morning. The room is very comfortable for 1 person, probably ok for 2, but would be too small for more than that. There is everything you need in the room and the kitchenette, and, if there is something you'd like to have, you just need to ask. They were very responsive. I asked in the morning and everything I asked for was there when I returned later that day.

The bed in my room was a little saggy... it's probably time for them to think about replacing the matteresses.

On the whole, I thought it was a great value!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Dara064
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Verona's exceeded my expectations. The house is a beautiful Victorian with high ceilings and hardwood floors in an old and quiet Boston brownstone neighborhood. It is near the subway and the lively part of Tremont Street. I loved walking around the neighborhood. The room was large, airy (despite the Boston stuffy summer heat), elegantly furnished, and very very clean. I had my own bathroom, which was also pristine. The bed was super comfortable- more comfortable than my own bed. The breakfast room and kitchen on the top floor is beautiful and clean as well. I delayed leaving for my conference each morning to spend a good hour over a breakfast of homemade coffee cake in conversation with either the very nice and interesting owner D***** or J******, a hospitable and nice man who works there. They also allow guests to make coffee in the kitchen before breakfast. I wanted to move in for the summer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tometti
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The location was excellent! The host was very helpful. We had to change rooms because we booked an entire week. Both rooms were clean and charming. The downside was the mattresses they were outdated and uncomfortable as well as the pillows. The wonderful sheets and comfortors helped. Would stay again but only for one night due to the mattress situation. The coffee pot in our second room #6 did not work due to electrical situation so we plugged it in over by the sink. Not very safe situation. The area was amazing so if you are looking for location, location, location this is it.

Room Tip: These rooms are on the 2nd floor 20 stairs or 3rd floor 32 stairs which are narrow. Its old fashion...