“Sinful baked goods”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed August 6, 2014

In recent trip to Boston, wife asked to go to Flour Bakery on Washington Street (South Boston) - she didn't have very good directions, so it was a bit of a hike. However, we ordered a sampling of the baked goods to share. Of the four different selections, each seemed better than the last. The raspberry filled donut was memorable. I couldn't eat these treats every day, but for a special outing on vacation it was worth the trip. One of the locals figured out we were "newbies" and helped us work the line and make our order. Very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We read that Flour Bakery had the best sticky buns so we had to go try it. It was just delightful with the great flavour and stickiness of the sticky buns. I would definitely eat them again since it was so good. I also had a lime lemonade with mint which was excellent. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Devilsteeth
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited with my husband and two children after we visited the Children's Museum. Everything was excellent, we each had a sandwich (him the lamb and feta and I had the turkey with cheese and homemade pickles that were incredible!) and the kids had grilled cheese. The ordering system was a bit confusing and created really long waits. After I ordered I was given the juice for my kids and nothing else. I waited and about 10 minute later I was given the fountain drinks I ordered for my husband and I. I put those at our table (where my husband and kids waited) then waited for another 15 minutes for our sandwiches. It was a little frustrating but the great sandwiches made up for it. If their system for filling orders was a little smoother I would given them 5 stars.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stopped in the other day for lunch. We had salads - I had the Quinoa salad, my daughter had the Kale salad and my husband had a simple tossed salad. The ingredients were fresh on both and the dressing (particularly the dressing on the Quinoa salad) was to die for! We had oreo cookies and a slice of carrot cake for dessert and they were heavenly. We enjoyed our lunch so much we met up in Cambridge to have salads for dinner two days later. I have to admit I got the Quinoa salad again. My daughter also got that salad because she had a taste of mine the first time and had to get it. We also had rolls with our salad since it was dinner and they were a dense multi-grain. You could taste the goodness in every bite! And of course we got the oreo cookies to bring home...simply wonderful! We are going to make a habit of Flour Bakery and maybe branch out and try some sandwiches...

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great atmosphere and fresh food. Easy, laid back, and relaxed environment. Enjoyed my meal so much I went twice in a day!
Just around the corner from Loew's hotel.

Been to Flour Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!