“Can't wait to go back....!!!”

Flour Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 96 Dessert in Boston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
New York City, New York
“Can't wait to go back....!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Found this place via TA and SO glad I did!!! Arrived in Boston and stopped here before driving to the Cape. Was overwhelmed with the menu and all of the pastry selections but employee Tim was very nice and patient in explaining everything to me. The place was busy, service was prompt and staff were friendly. The food was fresh, organic & VERY Good!!! I even stopped back by before returning to the airport and purchased a sandwich along with more goodies!!!!!

This place is a MUST visit if you're in the Boston area. Thanks again Tim for your exceptional customer service!!

• Korean first
Barrington, RI
“Great Place for Coffee/pastry”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Have been here before & always enjoy the extensive assortment of pastries & good coffee. Long sandwich menu as well. My wife was upset that she did not notice the short breakfast menu (quiche, etc) posted behind the pastry counter until after she ordered - it is a little overwhelmed by the rest of the menu. Popular place - get here early for a seat & to avoid the line.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“will always be down for some flour”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

It's overpriced. But other than that the food really is fresh and decent. Also you feel good after eating it because it's relatively healthy and light.

Haven't tried many of the sweets but I loved all the bread puddings and the creme brulee was amazing.

Sandwich wise the mozzarella with pesto is good, and the hummus is underwhelming.

The two types of soup I've had are both okay but super salty. The two salads I've had are good but too expensive and not too filling.

Visited November 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Terrible salads”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I got the salad from here. I know it is not their specialty, but what I got was so below the minimum standard, that I feel obliged to comment.

The tomatoes in the salad were stewed - literally stewed tomatoes. Perhaps they were simply rotten, not sure because I basically through them out.

The rest of the salad basically consisted of sandwich fixings. Lettuce that was mildly rotten, onions, some cheese, olives, etc. Very unappealing.

North Florida
“Delicious Breakfast Sandwich”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

While staying at a Copley Place hotel I wanted to venture out for breakfast. I went for a run on the Esplanade and then decided to hit the Flour Bakery. I ordered the breakfast sandwich and a hot chocolate.
It was about 9:30, so no line and a light crowd. The hot chocolate came out quickly and was perfect, a nice blend of bitter and sweet, favoring the sweet which is my preference.
When my sandwich was done I took to to go on a walk back to my hotel. 7 minutes later I was eating a warm, hearty sandwich which consisted of arugula, dijonnaise, cheddar, bacon and egg.
The bacon was thick cut, the cheddar good. I like the dijonnaise, but would probably order without next time. The egg was a slab really, perfectly cooked without being dry.
I loved it, and would gladly go back on future visits.