“Delicious Breakfast Sandwich”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed December 5, 2013

While staying at a Copley Place hotel I wanted to venture out for breakfast. I went for a run on the Esplanade and then decided to hit the Flour Bakery. I ordered the breakfast sandwich and a hot chocolate.
It was about 9:30, so no line and a light crowd. The hot chocolate came out quickly and was perfect, a nice blend of bitter and sweet, favoring the sweet which is my preference.
When my sandwich was done I took to to go on a walk back to my hotel. 7 minutes later I was eating a warm, hearty sandwich which consisted of arugula, dijonnaise, cheddar, bacon and egg.
The bacon was thick cut, the cheddar good. I like the dijonnaise, but would probably order without next time. The egg was a slab really, perfectly cooked without being dry.
I loved it, and would gladly go back on future visits.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I frequent this location (1 of 4 in the city). Nice high-ceiling venue and plenty of space to sit in the morning. Helpful and friendly staff. Service is faster than you can make your decision on what you want. All things are laid out behind glass while you are waiting so you can see what is fresh and what are the new specials for the day. Seating area is well lit with large front window.

Sticky buns are excellent, as are the pain au chocolate (which I make sure I get there early to buy, or else they run out). They have really nice variety of scones that they change flavors regularly (most recently pear/cardamom). They also have a breakfast pizza that is tasty, but best to eat in the location while it is still hot. They also have a number of pre-made/packaged fresh cakes/cookies you can take with you.

I think the coffee is good/average, but that's not why you visit here, is it? The pastries are great. The only thing missing would be a little fireplace in the winter and I would probably skip work on those bad weather days.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Everybody here seems dedicated to cranking out good stuff, and well set up to do so. Hands down best almond croissant I've ever had, and a very nice sandwich, and everything else seems to be equally up to mark.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Great food at all locations. Everything they do is really well done, very nice staff, great variety. Any sandwich can be made into a salad.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Yep. We went because of Bobby Flay's StickyBun Throwdown. Had to have one. Wish I'd gotten a dozen. It looked great, but the looks can't do justice to the richness of the pastry. Wow. Then when you add some other assorted pastries, each in and of themself worth the trip, you realize why you waited in the line! Incredible food, wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff and a grade A experience. I shall return, (God willing), to this wonderful place!

Been to Flour Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!