“Went for restaurant week”
Review of Mooo

Mooo
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bowdoin and Somerset
Transit: Green & Red Line Park Street T Stop Green & Blue Line Government Center T Stop
Description: A modern steakhouse in historic Beacon Hill with a warm decor and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere, including a full bar and award-winning wine list. Open seven days a week. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went here for Boston Restaurant week...my companion had the sirloin steak with fries and lime sponge cake for dessert, I had the half of barbecued boneless game hen atop mashed potatoes (with corn) and the flourless chocolate cake (with whipped cream). The chicken was rather mushy, not really tender (nor was there a crisp skin), and the barbecue sauce it was brushed with was extremely mild, but there was nothing really bad about it. The mashed potatoes with corn really tasted like nothing special, what you'd find anywhere. The flourless chocolate cake was extremely rich, you couldn't have more than a few bites without being overwhelmed. But all was tasty and the restaurant's decor is nice. I can't say it tasted like very high quality, but for 25 dollars after tax and tip, it was was good enough.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

today was my wife's 59th birthday. Linda chose mooo for brunch located at 15 beacon street Boston ma . as usual the champagne is waiting for us. the waiter Renee who was fantastic gave us a carafe of orange juice for mimosas'. I had wiener schnitzel with sunny side eggs and Linda had a lobster and asparagus omelet again, the portions were huge and delicious. Linda and I will be back when she hits the big 60.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Chique goes elegant in this wonderful restaurant. We were lucky to get in without a reservation although the restaurant was packed. I had a delicious ribeye served with a marrow butter that definitely added to the deliciousness of the steak. My husband had a salmon that was seasoned and cooked perfectly. Our daughter had a filet that didn't need a knife to cut. The sides and salads are huge. Definitely sharable size portions. The service was very attentive and we did not feel rushed or that it was to slow. The entire meal was fantastic and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is the only place I will eat meat, but it's not just for carnivores. Grilled fish done to perfection, and it's the best brunch and most varied in Boston. I believe if I had its green smoothies daily I'd live forever.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We love steak, so we always try to hit a steakhouse on each trip. Location-wise it was a few minutes walk from the Nine Zero, and given the heat that was wonderful. Combine that with a name like Mooo, the choice became a no-brainer.

Located in a nice space, not too small or large, with a high ceiling and calming color scheme, Mooo is a little bit trendy. But it wasn't too much to deal with. I sat with my back against the wall, so I didn't the the "cow art". My husband said it was a little bit disturbing looking at pretty cows while eating beef, but he got over it.

Service was a bit slow. I noticed the host prodding servers along periodically. I'm not sure if they were short staffed (it was a Saturday) or if there were other issues. I generally don't mind sitting and relaxing a bit once I have a drink in hand, but this was just a tad bit over my tolerance level for sitting and relaxing. Our server was quite pleasant - it was a little difficult hearing him due to the noise level (the high ceilings are not a plus in this case, the restaurant was not full) though.

We ordered the shellfish sampler for an appetizer. 2 Shrimp, 2 pieces of lobster, and 2 of 2 types of oysters, east and west coast. All were very fresh, although I didn't care for the west coast oysters. The shrimp were quite large, actually, but a little bit overdone. It was a nice portion size for two people, I was a little bit surprised at that. For dinner I ordered the tenderloin Beef Wellington and my husband ordered the bone in delmonico. We decided to go with the small side flight which consisted of whipped potatoes, creamed spinach, truffled parmesan fries and succotash. After waiting (patiently) for our food to arrive, it was quite impressive. The Beef Wellington was about six inches tall. Beef, a noticeable layer of foie gras, spinach and mushrooms wrapped in puff pastry. It was very pretty. And yummy. The filet was tender and cooked perfectly. The only reason I used a knife to cut it was because it was so tall, I had to hold it in place to cut it! My husband had absolutely no complaints with regards to his steak either, and loved the bone marrow butter it came with. The side flight was huge. We ordered it because we couldn't make up our minds, and a variety sounded good. It was enough for at least four people. While of the sides were good, the whipped potatoes were the least favored. They were good whipped potatoes, but nothing special. The fries were fabulous. Crunchy outside, smooth inside, with truffle oil and parmesan. Yum. The succotash was very different - I couldn't quite place the seasoning. Thai basil, maybe? In a creamy sauce. I became quite attached to it. The creamed spinach was also flavored differently. Not too much, just enough to give it a different flavor/feel. You could still tell there was spinach there and it had a nice amount of cream. I did try the creme brulee for dessert, it was excellent. I don't like a thick crust of sugar on top, and theirs was nicely layered with just the right thickness.

Given all of that food, I got through half of my beef, my husband got through a little bit more than half of his, and we ate a bit of each side. All that was left was boxed. We ate it for lunch on our drive home the next day and it was still just as good!

Prices were good, given the quality and quantity of food and the level of service. Wine list and cocktail list was also good. I'm using a rating of four because of the little bit of slowness. That won't prevent us from going back again, though!

1  Thank gatsbyCleveland_Ohio