3,603 results
All reviewsgold flooroak barblack labhotel dogresident dogbeautiful hoteltrinity churchhonor barbeautiful lobbynewbury streetthe location is perfectvalet parkingfreedom trailfenway parkcopleylabsconcierge
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My daughters and I just spent a week in New England and started our trip at the Copley Plaza. I had never stayed there before and now I will never stay anywhere else in Boston! I haven't enjoyed such truly outstanding, caring service, in many years.

We arrived at 5:30 a.m. in the morning after a red-eye flight. We were assured that not only was our room ready for us (on the Gold floor), but we had been upgraded to a suite for our stay. The suite (the Boston Symphony Orchestra Suite) was a treasurehouse of photographs, posters, and scores from the Boston Symphony and a beautifully decorated suite with a view of Copley Square.

Breakfast on the club floor is amazing. The first morning I went down very late and the lovely young server cooked us a beautiful breakfast to order well after normal breakfast hours. Similarly, our waiter the next two mornings not only served us beautifully but took extra care to find out what my daughters wanted to do in Boston and to give us map guidance, restaurant, and shopping suggestions; then inquired how we had enjoyed everything the next morning. Every staff person we encountered was outstanding. On the last day, as we loaded our suitcases into our rented car for our car trip through New England, the doorman retrieved our bags for us and then guided us across all lanes of traffic so that we could safely turn onto I-90. We also felt that Katie, the local black Lab, lent a sweet, homey touch to the lobby, which is elegant and relaxing.

I just can't say enough good about this hotel! Now everything else will pale in comparison!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank patientcat
Reviewed March 10, 2007

We had a special, low conference rate, so I assume our room was at the "lower end". Altho we did not have a view, the room more than met our expectations - large, nicely decorated, & clean, with beautiful marble bathrm, which was larger than expected. Location cannot be beat, walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums, public garden, Charles River. Altho no coffee makers in the room, Starbucks is just outside the hotel, and an Au Bon Pan is across the street.
On the down side, the room was very hot and heat could not be turned down. We put fan on, and turned temp to "cool" but it still blew hot air. Ended up opening window, even though it was freezing outside. Also, bath was nicely updated, but lighting was poor. You really needed heat lamp on to get enough light. Not a problem in March, but might not be so pleasant in August.
The gilded lobby is impressive, but very geared to conferences. No place to really sit comfortably and read, or have a drink. It was extremely busy with hotel guests waiting to check in, conference attendees milling about, and registration tables for different conferences lining the lobby wall. Too bad some of that luxury wasn't reserved for a quiet area where hotel guests could relax in comfortable seating, away from the conference action.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank Mainers
Reviewed March 9, 2007

The Fairmont is a solid choice for business travellers. Was attending a conference at the Marriot Copley and the Fairmont had a lot more character than the Westin or Marriot where colleagues were staying.

Oak Room is a nice place for a drink in the evenings and the breakfast included with my room was good.

Bathroom had been renovated, and tolietries were provided as you'd expect from at $300 night hotel.

Only stayed one night, but would stay again on future trips to Boston.

Downside was cost of valet parking at $39 per night. Room I had on 6th Floor #609 was right across from elevator, but noise didn't bother probably because I so was so tired.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Colorobo
Reviewed February 26, 2007

My husband and I were looking for a well needed night of rest, relaxation and pampering (we haven't gone away since having our 14 month old); and we certainly went to the right place! The Gold Level at the Fairmont was a real find. The staff catered to our every wish from making our dinner reservation to booking massages and delivering Champagne and fresh squeezed orange juice to our room for mimosas with breakfast. The Gold Level had a surprisingly elaborate spread of appetisers at the nightly cocktail hour including wine, cheese and shrimp cocktail, as well as a full breakfast including eggs, delicious breads and pastries, and fresh squeezed juices. We highly recommend upgrading to the Fairmont - Gold Level!

Stayed: February 2007
7  Thank BostonChic
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We stayed on the Fairmont Copley Plaza on Feb 24th as a birthday surprise for my husband. I had done careful research before booking and the hotel was everything I expected it to be and more. We stayed on the club level floor where the private conceirge was extremely helpful to all of our requests for directions, recommendations, special requests for our room and even got us a reservation at the Oak Bar when we were told by the restaurant that it was booked solid. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The only minor complaint I had was that the furniture was not arranged so as to allow easy access to the great view of the plaza below (The desk was in front of the window). We had a great time and will go back again.

Stayed: February 2007