We stayed here in September 2009 as part of a New England holiday booked through Virgin Holidays. We upgraded to a "deluxe room" and were given a very comfortable, spacious, elegantly furnished room with two double beds. All staff we encountered in the reception area were friendly and helpful and we were greated on arrival by Caty Copley the resident black labrador, who even has a book written about her. We were slightly disappointed by the ensuite bathroon, which was very small and in need of an update. The shower in particular was not what we expected from this standard of hotel and room choice - very low water pressure. We did not eat in the hotel because the prices even for breakfast were way overpriced compared to the very many nearby hotels and restaurants, and the staff seemed rather aloof when we asked to see a menu to check prices which unsurprisingly are not availabel on line! For breakfast I would recommend the excellent buffet at the nearby (max 5 mins walk) Marriott hotel at the Prudential centre - great value, good service and friendly staff. I also agree with a previous reviwer concerning the ridiculously high charge for bottled water provided in our room - $7 plus service and "restocking" charge whatever that is supposed to be! I can't believe anyone would pay that! All in all it was a pleasant experience to stay in this very well located and historic hotel in Boston which is a great city, but next time we will probably stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont