Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
3,395 results
All reviewsgold flooroak barblack labhotel dogresident dogbeautiful hoteltrinity churchhonor barbeautiful lobbynewbury streetthe location is perfectfitness centerfreedom trailfenway parkcopleylabsconcierge
FilterAll languages
Moncton, NB Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2005

Hi,
A friend and myself just came back from Boston May 27th, and it was great. Love Boston, and both times we went there we stayed at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. The location is great, and the hotel is charming! We stayed on the Executive Floor, Fairmont Gold. It's on a private level, where there is kitchen with complimentary evening d'ouevres, honor bar, deluxe continental breakfast, computer services, comfortable lounge with a variety of dvd's and cd's. It completely exceeded our expectations. Also, you have your own concierge on that level that can help you with directions or anything you need. If you are looking to stay in Boston, you have to check out Fairmont Copley Plaza. There is also a fabulous lounge called Oak Bar, it is the nicest atmosphere to have a martini or appetizer. Stayed at the Copley Plaza prior, but staying on the Fairmont Gold floor was great. The room was also spacious, modern, comfortable and had various amenities.
Boston is a great city, and we went there to see U2 in concert, and that was amazing. The concert was amazing, and having the chance to stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza was definately a great experience too!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2005

After receiving notice from the Westin across the street I would be moved 3 times during my week long stay, I called the Fairmont. Nothing but we would be glad to help, no moves and that I should consider the small upcharge for the Gold Floor.

That was the best move. Staff was wonderful addressing me by name each and every day. Honor bar, 4 different rooms in the lounge, food out all time.

A home away from home. While other hotels may have the views the staff is tops.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed May 31, 2005

On the wasy to a wedding on the Cape, we thought we would treat ourselves to a night at one of Boston "Grand Dame" Hotels. Choosing the Fairmont Copley Plaza because of its excellent downtown location and proximity to the Amtrak station, (walking distance), we arrived at the Fairmont feeling chilly and less than elegant. Nevertheless, we were immediately swept into the warmth of the hotel by the excellent door personnel and after nary a request, shown to the Fairmont's Gold Level on the 4th floor. The hospitality there only exceeded what we had experienced on our arrival: superior concierge service, an extensive pantry of food and drink, including an honor bar, a warm fireplace, and best of all a spacious room with a completely furnished, but comfortably old- fashioned bathroom. Breakfast the next morning was worth paying for, but again it was complimentary. Kudos to the excellent management of this hotel, and all the thoughtfulness of its service personnel and excellence of design. We'll be back. Oh, yes, the price was fair and reasonable. Sincerely, S&T B.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2005

Although it was rainy and cold day at the end of may the Fairmont hotel was warm and friendly. The hotel was just so impeccably beautiful and the room so classy and homey. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The service was also outstanding as was the restaurant. An added attraction for me was katie copley the black lab who greets you when you arrive. I have 2 labs myself so I was so excited. I had no idea it was a dog friendly hotel.
I hope to visit boston again and would not even try another hotel. We had relatives staying at the ritz carlton which was also quite beautiful but the room was not anywhere as nice as the Fairmont.

Reviewed May 8, 2005

This review is one of 3 I hope to leave regarding our stay in LA (Sheraton Anaheim)/Las Vegas (Luxor)/Boston (Fairmont Copley Plaza).

This is my review of the Fairmont Copley Plaza.

We arrived at this hotel on the 30th April, checked in and taken by the Bell Boy up to our room. Outside this was a huge pile of dirty bed linen from a few rooms, he apologised for this and said it would be removed as quick as possible. He was really good as he showed us all around our room. Then got a map and explained where we should visit and all the places we should go.

We unpacked and decided to go and look around the hotel, also take a walk outside round the hotel just to get our barings.
It was pouring with rain so we decided to come back in via another entrance after about 5 mins. We decided to go to the Oak Bar and have a drink. As we walked up to the Bar we were told by a very curt man that there was a line and we would not be able to go in for at least 1/2 an hour.
I went back to the Bell Boy and asked him if guests had to queue, he said unfortunately yes, but as the line was short it should only be about 5 mins ??
We went back to our room, greeted still with all the Bed linen and when I thought about it, I wondered if the guy at the Bar had thought we had just walked off the street to come in for a drink, we were wet through, had Jeans and T shirts on and perhaps did not really want us to come in to the Bar. I got a little angry and we decided to put other clothes on and go down again.
Funny, this time we were let straight in...

After a good Apple Martini and a Pina Colada, some nice food we went to bed at around 12.00. (Linen still outside our room).
I noticed when I pulled the curtains a huge lorry outside the hotel with its engine running and thought no more about it.
30 mins later it got noiser and noiser, when I looked out of the window the lorry had been joined by 2 others and were clearing out all the equipment from a wedding that had taken place that night.
This went on for another 3 hours.
By this time I had, had enough of engines running, banging and men shouting.
I rang down to Reception and was apologised for this and was told it never usually happens, would I like to change room. I said, "What at 3.00 in the morning". He again apologised for this and said it would not go on much longer, it wont happen again.
After 20 mins it all stopped and I finally got some sleep.
Not for long. At 8.00 a.m. another lorry with its engine going was outside the hotel delivering something.

By this time I could not believe it.
I got dressed and went down to reception.

I was again apologised to and was told that the hotel is on an "E" ?? and in a busy area. I was told I could change room and I went to look at this.

This room was right over Traffic Lights with yet again Cars waiting and their engines going. I woke my husband and he came down to Reception with me.

Again we had the excuse that the Hotel is sited on an "E" and noise could not be helped.

When I explained I had stayed in the center of New York and my husband who is a world traveller and has stayed in some of the Best and Worst Hotels in the world and have never experienced anything like this, she just kept repeating the same thing over and over.

We were told that she did have another room but it had an internal view.
This did not worry us as we only had a couple of days there, and we were not going to be in the room that much anyway.
This room was fine so we had to repack, and take all our luggage up to the third room.

By the way, the bed linen had now been removed and replaced with dirty glasses ??

After moving all our stuff (let face it, this is the last thing you want to be doing when you have had no sleep, its your first day of only 2, and its not off to a great start) we decided to venture out.

Boston was great and all the sites were wonderful to see.
The trolley buses were very very good. If you get Karin or Ernie you will have a great time.

Back to the Hotel. We did try on our last night the Oak Lounge and this is the Hotels saving grace. The service was top notch and the food was lovely.
Prices are quite steep but everything was good.

Our last night we told the Reception that we had a late flight the next day and they agreed to let us check out at 3.00 pm.
At 2.30 our key stopped working so back down to Reception we went and they sorted this out.
When we finally went back to our room we asked Conciege to pick our bags up as we were leaving.
20 mins later we were still waiting. In the end we finally had enough and brought them down ourselves.

The hotel is very grand and is elegant. The rooms are lovely, though little features like a clean shower curtain, a sink that holds water...(did not bother asking them to fix it, my husband did this to save time) would be more appreciated.

As for 4 stars and above, that is side splitting.

Would I stay in this hotel again......... never.
Would I recommend this hotel.......... not in a million years. Just go for dinner.

And always remember..... its sited on an E......... ???????

Well the services gets a D +.

• Stayed: May 2005