“The staff are incredible”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I really would like to give this 5 stars due to some exceptional staff but am trying to be more constructive to help someone considering this for a future stay. Once you decide on a budget, and this is top end, there is still quite a choice of hotels in Boston. I choose this due to the location, a special offer and access to a concierge level.
Things I loved:
The food in the conceirge level - ample and well prepared.
The location - everything was nearby and as a Mother and daughter I alays felt safe
The staff- some members of staff went above and beyond what I expected - thank you Denise, Joe and Jason. Nothing was too much trouble and I will send a seperate email to management detailing your exceptional service.

Things that were so/so:
The room was small (but perfectly formed).
Would rather have a nespresso machine than Keurig ( but then I am European)

Would I stay here again- I will return as I loved Boston - YES.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nickieyc
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall - especially hat my colleagues Denise, Joe, and Jason made your visit especially memorable! Thank you, again, for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Area Manager, Internet Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (3,337)

Reviewed August 28, 2014

A home away from home! Service and accommadations were great. Enjoyed the fact this hotel is not far from any services or other eating establishments. Quality of care was evident with everyone i met at the hotel. the 2 mascots were also very friendly and added a feeling of home to our visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fabulously refurbished. Really, really lovely. The room I stayed in- a queen room- was beautifully appointed, albeit snug. The size was just fine for one but would not have been adequate for two. My knees were mere inches from the wall when availing myself for the loo. My husband would not have been comfortable. The attached restaurant, Oak, was well appointed. The food and service were okay. My biggest disappointments: nobody inquired about my stay on checkout-and it kind of felt like they really didn't care- and the bellhops were non existent.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm very disappointed to hear that we missed the mark during your check-out. Even during our busiest times, our service standards should not be sacrificed. I have shared your post with our Front Office Manager in order to facilitate further review with the team. Thank you, again, for your comments and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

A great location for exploring Boston. We flew into Boston and caught the shuttle bus from the airport right to the front of the hotel and only ten dollars each. Excellent shopping and restaurants close by. Rooms were traditional and bathrooms sumptuous. Fresh coffee in the room. The decor of the hotel is stunning. The restaurant had a great menu and was good value for money. The concierge had a wealth of knowledge about tours and how to see the best of Boston. They were able to book tours for you. The main jump on and off trolley bus tours have a stop right outside the hotel.i It cost 15 dollars to take a cab to the waterfront and Fanuiel Hall area. If you are in town for the marathon the finish line is just across the road from the hotel. This hotel comes highly recommended from us.

Room Tip: Chose a room with views over Copley Plaza otherwise you may only see the back on a building or busy...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally G

Hello Sally,
Thank you for your post! I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us, from our central location and comfortable guest rooms to our restaurant and the exceptional concierge service. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Boston soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel and would probably stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great location-we could walk everywhere you would want to go while visiting Boston. We were close to the Public Garden, shopping, and the Freedom Trail.

We upgraded to a Jr. King Suite, and thank goodness we did! I had a feeling the standard rooms were going to be small, and I cannot even imagine how tight it would have been had we not upgraded, especially having our toddler with us. The room and bathroom were very nice. The bed was very comfortable.

These are the things that kept this rating at "very good."

1. The interior on our floor still felt a little old and dingy. There were moments we felt like we were in the Shining. Hallways could use some brightening up. While the rooms had been updated, I never quite felt like the carpet was totally clean. It was a dark color and just didn't feel clean and fresh.

2. You can hear EVERYTHING out in the halls, which may have to do with too much space under the doors. Someone on our hall kept going in and out of the room and slamming the door. It was hard to go to sleep.

3. Bathroom mirror is the hottest fluorescent mess I've ever seen. It took going green way too far. I could hardly look into it because it was so bright and so hot- it literally made me see spots and feel ill. I couldn't find a place to dim it. Appeared to be all or nothing.

4. This last issue didn't impact our stay, but it's purely the observation of someone raised in the interior design industry. They are trying too hard to mix modern and traditional. This is a beautiful and old hotel- keep it glamorous and classy. A few little touches of "hip" are ok, but they were trying too hard. Also, this is completely ridiculous, but I noticed...the flower arrangements on the big glass tables in the lobby do not work. They were these little plain arrangements...in this big beautiful lobby! It was so dull. Whenever you decide to use flowers or make an interior change, just look at your floor and ceiling! Look at how breathtakingly stunning they are and try to achieve that with everything you do...even the daily floral arrangements!

Room Tip: It's worth it to upgrade to a room that is bigger than a standard room. The rooms are small. I...
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank johnnycakes13

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay overall, though I am sorry to hear that we missed the mark on a few things. I have shared your comments with our Hotel Manager in order to facilitate further internal review. Thank you, again!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The only drawback was the in-room wireless internet service. If you are paying $300+ a night it would be nice if the internet was free. Other than that the rooms are clean and neat with a sophisticated air. There was no mini-fridge in the guest room I stayed in, but there was a mid-size floor safe.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Hello John,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and your stay overall. While our WIFI is competitively priced for the city, we appreciate your feedback and I have shared it with our Hotel Manager for further review. In addition, I'd like to point out that complimentary mini-fridges are available in any guest room upon request. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont when we dropped our girl in college. The service is outstanding, the rooms adequately sized, and we enjoyed the President's floor with access to the lounge. It is perfectly located.

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, finding your room comfortable and our location ideal. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Boston.