“worth a visit”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 12, 2014

loved every moment my daughter and I were at the Fairmont. staff was extremely friendly and helpful. everyone always had a smile on their face. our room was amazing, #433, highly recommend. looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,253)

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel and all facilities are exquisite. The staff is very friendly, attentive and knowledgable. The location is convenient to many attractions and dining. Our entire experience was wonderful and I would recommend the Fairmont to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 20th Wedding anniversary late July. The hotel itself is in a great location - close enough to most things worth seeing - by either foot or a short ride in a cab.

The reception looks like a hotel would in the 20's - palatial and impressive. The reception staff were friendly and it was nice to know our room had been upgraded. We had already booked the 4th floor to take advantage of the concierge facilities. Th also noted our wedding anniversary from our booking - and it was a really nice touch to have a hand written card in the room and some chocolate covered strawberries!

The room itself was in the corner overlooking the library - it was both spacious and clean with nice amenities (robes, slippers, shoe shine service etc.). The bathroom was lovely - double sink and super rain head shower.

I have to say it was a little noisy - from two angles. Even though we were on a high floor the noise from traffic was pretty intrusive. Also, not all the guests were good at keeping the noise down in the corridors at unreasonable times (2AM one night and & 7AM the next morning!).

The complimentary breakfast was good - something different each day for the 3 days we were there. The honour bar system in the lounge at nights set aside for 4th floor guests only seemed a bit pointless to be honest - it was devoid of any atmosphere - and my suggestion would limit the drinks on offer and make them free for a couple of hours (I have stayed at the New York Palace who offer a similar service).

Both female concierges on the 4th floor were great - one gave good restaurant recommendations - the other tirelessly tried to get the wifi working for me!

I would definatley recommend this hotel - take some ear plugs for a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: The concierge floor is worth the extra money but make sure you have the breakfast
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, from our central location to your spacious guest room on the Fairmont Gold floor. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by outside noise during your stay and I have shared your post with the Fairmont Gold Manager in order to review your comments on the honor bar and hors d'oeuvres selection. Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I spent 2 night at the Copley Square Fairmont and really enjoyed the property and location. This was out first visit to Boston and I feel that the location is perfect.
The service was top-notch and the bed was super comfy. Booking via our Virtuoso travel agent in Toronto (The Travel Network), we were entitled to a 2 category upgrade which was a nice touch. The concierge was very helpful in getting us Red Sox ticket options, and helping us with city tour ideas as well. We took the Trolley Bus tour which was perfect for our first day.
The Oak Room Bar is a fantastic room where breakfast is served in the am and at night, turns into an amazing restaurant/bar. Overall excellent service and food quality.
I would return here the next time I am in the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Jennifer Z, Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hello Charles,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from the "top-notch" service to your comfortable guest room. I am so pleased that our Concierge team was able to take such great care of you as well. Thank you for your post and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wow! The photos of this hotel do not do it justice! It is simply breathtaking! The service was excellent and our room was beautiful with a view of Copley Plaza. The Oak Bar was exquisite with a great selection of summer cocktails. I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much I love the sweet black dog, Catie Copley, who welcomed us and guards the manor! When visiting Boston, I can't imagine staying anywhere else! Well done, Fairmont!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Copley Plaza.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcelleLA

Hello Marcelle,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, including the charms of our canine ambassador Catie Copley! We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Fairmont is the best place ever.!!!! When I was growing up,My parents have always stayed at a Fairmont wherever they can. fairmont has always been pet friendly and have treated my dogs like prince and princess. thank you for welcoming them with open arms!!! And red carpet style!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joy N
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Architecturally beautiful, excellent service, great location! We had a fantastic time at this hotel. We enjoyed the refreshments served at the gold floor. Nice selection of snacks all day long. We highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bridget M

Hello Bridget,
Thank you for your post. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from our grand architecture and excellent service, to our central location and the additional amenities offered on the Gold floor. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!