“History and Flocked Wallpaper”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Copley is a wonderful hotel in the way it fits in with all the history in Boston. In it's hey day it was a place where ladies stayed after a night at the theater. It has been remodeled but still feels shabby in a somehow endearing way. You may find it very expensive but if you can afford it, it does have it's charms. it is central to the Freedom Trail and shopping, as well as the subway. Stay!

Room Tip: Don't bother with a suite. In my opinion the rooms are a much better value, The hotel is quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,260)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel is in the middle of everything. Very walkable. Room is very small and had no view. Overall, the hotel is average. Internet is included but not very slow. Clean room. Bed is not as comfortable as other hotels.

Room Tip: Ask about the view
1  Thank P L
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m disappointed to hear that you found your stay only “average” as we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in every way. We appreciate your comments and I have shared your feedback about your room with our Director of Rooms. Thank you, again, and I hope you’ll consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Two different groups, laughing and talking, returned late Sunday night and woke us up twice. My hub had to get up at 5 a.m. for business. Sound barriers need to be installed on the bottom of the room doors, as it's a preventable problem that needs to be addressed. After checking in, I discovered a variety - both straight and curly - of hair in the bathroom sink and called housekeeping. Revolting, disgusting and inexcusable. I spoke to Nick about issues, and he did send some Sam Adams and popcorn to our room with a note.I don't like the new Oak Room, which I used to love pre-renovation, and ate outside the hotel. How can you mess up chowder in Boston? Food and service disappointing this time, and the elegant, classic room has been modernized - not an improvement. The valet parking is very slow, and we almost missed our flight after 20 minutes turned into a 40 minute wait. I love the house dogs, grand lobby, and location, but the operation needs some major tweaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location, which would be at the very end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan S
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello Susie, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so sorry to hear that we missed the mark on a few things during your stay. I have shared your post with our Executive Housekeeper as the bathroom condition is absolutely unacceptable. I’m also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the new restaurant – it is certainly a departure from the old place, style-wise, but poor service is inexcusable. Thank you, again, for your post and I hope you’ll consider giving us another chance to “wow” you on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I almost don't know where to begin in writing this review... so I guess I'll start at the beginning when I booked my room. Mr. Nicholas Bourikas, Guest Relations Manager, was so helpful in making sure I was set with my room. He provided me with excellent and precise details about the room he was assigning me to assure that I would be pleased, and boy was I. I journeyed to Boston to attend the National Council of Teachers of English Conference, and was just fortunate enough that they had selected the Fairmont as one of their choice hotels. I knew of Fairmont from both a past trip to Bermuda, where the lovely Pink Fairmont Southampton Princess was a favorite for my family. I also am a huge fan of the Plaza in New York, where I have not yet had the pleasure of spending time overnight, but have attended functions at. The Fairmont Copley surpassed both prior encounters. It is a charming establishment not only for location, architectural and design beauty- but also for the special service. Mr. Bourikas was the first of many staff members to delight myself and my daughter, who came along on my trip to investigate colleges while I attended my conference. She was equally delighted, especially by Amanda, who took the time to make her feel so welcome, and who actually went out to a local store to pick up and incidental that she asked for. Now it would have been so simple and ordinary for anyone to just direct us to the store, but she did it on her own for us, and that sort of kindness continued throughout our stay. She even spent time chatting about her own experiences at the college my daughter was interested in, and by the time we left, had offered her own email for future contact and reference. The Gold Floor was a special place, made so not just by the lovely amenities, but by the true warmth of the staff. Hands down, this was the best hotel we have ever stayed in, and we are world travelers. You will find this hotel to be a treasure!

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room close to an elevator if you don't like to walk. We loved the e...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for your post. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit so much, especially that my colleagues Nicholas and Amanda left such an impression! I look forward to sharing your praise not only with them, but with their leaders and other colleagues here at the hotel. Thank you, again, for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to Boston soon!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for eight nights this October. We had a great time in Boston & surrounding area. This hotel is just perfect. The decoration, facilities and location are ideal.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Having the 'hotel dog', Catie Copley is a great idea. Although stubborn (as a lot of us are in our older years) she was a pleasure to walk. I'm sure that her understudy Carly will also fit in a treat, on Catie's retirement.
We both look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your post. I’m so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us back in October, and especially that you found my colleagues to be so helpful. I’m also pleased to hear you were able to take Catie Copley for a walk – or rather, it sounds like she walked you! Thank you, again, for your post and we look forward to your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. It was very charming with large, well appointed rooms. I was down a small hall off of the main hallway, so my room was extremely quiet. The Fairmont is also in a great location for any visitor to the Boston area.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Right from checking-in the experience was just fantastic. All the staff were very friendly and very prompt to offer service. The rooms were excellent and very well presented. The lobby looks very nice. One needs extra time for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business