Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
3,395 results
All reviewsgold flooroak barblack labhotel dogresident dogbeautiful hoteltrinity churchhonor barbeautiful lobbynewbury streetthe location is perfectfitness centerfreedom trailfenway parkcopleylabsconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here as part of our New England road trip in August 2013.One of the oldest hotels in Boston lived up to its 5 star rating. Situated within walking distance of many of Boston's historic landmarks, Luxury, elegance and exceptional service make a stay here memorable. Our only disappointment was the Oak Long bar (the only place to eat) Being tired after walking the Freedom Trail we decided to eat early around 6.30 and by the time our main course arrived the restaurant was a cacophony of noise. Next to the John Hancock Tower the bar attracted early evening drinkers meeting after work. You were not able to have a conversation unless you shouted. Four courses two glasses of merlot for $128 we would have liked to enjoy the experience rather than being forced to leave. Choose one of the many restaurants around Copley Square.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1Feathers
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Hello and thank you for sharing your comments with us here on TripAdvisor. While I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us overall during your New England Road Trip, I’m sorry to hear you were not pleased with your experience at OAK. Our new restaurant is certainly a popular and lively place, and I’m sorry you found it to be too noisy. Thank you, again, for your feedback and I hope we’ll get to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Overall a great experience. I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few times and I am never dissappointed! The staff, location, ammenities and overall service are exceptional. I would strongly recommend a stay at this hotel and look forward to my next visit in December

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A venerable hotel with friendly dogs and an exceptional location. Room size was more than adequate but there were barely any drawers so two people shared 3 small drawers and basically lived out of the suitcase-for a week. The place was awash with corporate conventions and institutional gatherings with their name-tagged attendees clogging the main floor at most times. I particularly resent being charged $15 a day for internet at an already expensive hotel, not to mention $7 if I wanted to open that bottle of water on my desk (tap was fine). There are other elegant and quiet hotels in Boston I prefer and ones that do not charge these offensive fees. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NyThyme
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello, and thank you for your post. While I’m pleased to see a great score on your review, it sounds like you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I’m sorry to hear that you felt crowded by the busy state of the hotel during your visit – We do host many meetings and groups at our hotel, in addition to leisure travelers. As for our fees associated with Internet and minibar purchases, I think you’ll find that we are competitively priced among similar hotels in the city. I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that Internet is complimentary for members of our loyalty program, Fairmont Presidents’ Club, which is free to join and offers many other benefits! Finally, I’d like to thank you for your comments regarding drawer space in our guestrooms and assure you that I’ve shared your feedback with our Director of Rooms to review further. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed there during a business trip. It was located in a central location, next to the John Hancock Tower. From there, I could walk to downtown within 10 mins. I also enjoyed visiting the Prudential Building, which is a short walking distance from the hotel. From the top floor of the Prudential building, I enjoyed a great 360 degree view of the city. The green-line Copley T-station was steps away from the hotel. The neighborhood around the hotel is lively and vibrant, with upscale restaurants, bars, and art galleries. The room was spacious and felt like a retreat even though it is situated close to a busy street. The staff members are very nice and were helpful throughout the course of my stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from our central location in Back Bay to your guestroom and interactions with my colleagues. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team! Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back to Boston soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday and was picked for its location and historic status. Really friendly staff on reception and in general. Rooms clean and huge by British standards, immaculately clean. Only real issue was bar restaurant area - confusing and when busy the service was not what we have come to expect from US. They seem to lack management direction. That said the food was exceptional and of a reasonable price. The hotel has a canine ambassador who we took for a walk! Great central location, subway just on the square.

Room Tip: Room was third floor and picked up the free wifi from John Hancock building - hotel charged 15 dollars ( we later heard from another guest it was free in the oak room) Room was quiet but had an adjoining door and guests in that room kept trying the lock which was annoying.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Alison, and thank you for sharing your experience with us! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your birthday celebration at our hotel, but I’m sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your restaurant experience. I’ve shared your post with our restaurant’s General Manager as I believe your comments could represent a valuable training opportunity for our colleagues. Thank you, again, for your post.