Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
$344
$245
Priceline
3,430 results
All reviewsgold flooroak barblack labhotel dogresident dogbeautiful hoteltrinity churchhonor barbeautiful lobbynewbury streetthe location is perfectfitness centerfreedom trailfenway parkcopleylabsconcierge
Reviewed August 12, 2013

having decided to have a weekend in Boston we decided to book into the Fairmont Copley Square
There is a second Fairmont down by the waterfront but this is a brand new property and I prefer the classic properties.

Our experience started on the telephone when booking, firstly I spoke to a concierge at the Waterfront property by the name of Ricky, you could not have found a more helpful person.
However as mentioned we chose the more established property, Such a beautiful building
with a beautiful interior and well maintained..
its also within an easy walking distance from Back Bay Station.. even with luggage.!

Our room was tastefully decorated and the bed extremely comfortable, the bathroom was tiled in
marble effect porcelain tiles....The A/C is quiet and controllable.

Every member of staff we met were more than helpful, However,,,particular thanks to Vincent at the concierge desk.. Vincent you surely deserve your cross keys. And also to Elena at the concierge desk.

The long bar can be noisy of a night, although there is a smaller quieter area adjacent .also the long bar is used for breakfast the seating is comfortable and the staff equally as professional as the main lobby staff,

I have stayed in several Fairmont properties in the USA and the UK, and would never hesitate to recommend this group to anybody.

Room Tip: Ask for a road side view, some rooms overlook the inner courtyard,, not the best view by any means.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenFromKent
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Ken, thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! First, I’m thrilled to hear about your interaction with Ricky at our sister property and I’ve shared this praise with the team there. As for your stay with us, I’m so glad you enjoyed our historic property and found our staff to be so helpful. I’ve shared your post with our Front Office Manager in order to ensure Vincent and Elena receive recognition for their memorable service. Thank you, again, for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

From the moment you step into this place you know you have arrived at someplace special. How many hotels have Black Labs to greet you upon your arrival? The whole experience was first class, and this will be our "go-to" hotel in Boston from now on. Spacious rooms, amazing staff, gorgeous facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Copley Plaza.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank_Martin_3rd
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This older hotel has great service, good restaurants, and has been nicely updated. It's a great meeting hotel, however it serves tourists well as so much is within walking distance. I easily walked to the Commons, Fenway Park, several museums, Fauneuil Hall Market, Copely Place, Northeastern University, and Providence Center to name a few.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter as they experience less street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in many Fairmont hotels throughout the world. This one I no different. Expect great service, comfort friendliness and hospitality. Great location close to shopping, restaurants , walking, parks , universities, music and more. The fairmont gold lounge is a great place to chill with food and drinks available thoroughly the day at no extra charge.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel has the excellent location, charming service and traditional architecture repeated in other reviews. But to be helpful to other potential guests, I would recommend that your room request is acknowledged in writing by the hotel. Indeed, if you pre-pay £1,162/$1,803 rm only (as we did, for two rooms/ two nights/four ppl, four months in advance) then it should be fair to establish the arrangements. My large husband was squeezed in a queen bed with my extremely embarrassed 17 year old daughter (one adult per room rule). We had requested one king and one twin Fairmont Rooms nearby, but allocated two queen rooms. We suspect they were single rooms, as they each had only one robe and one towel. Each 3/f room faced the brick building shaft "interior courtyard."
We had no proof to counter the Check-in Staff's position that they had not received our bed request. So be sure to do this, to avoid inappropriate beds!

Room Tip: Choose a room, but confirm the bed type.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sateasy
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I’d like to extend our apologies for not being able to honor your room request – It is our policy to do so, and I’m sorry to hear that we may have fallen short in this instance. However, if you happened to make your reservation on a third party site (such as Expedia), we do not guarantee such requests. I do apologize again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your post.