I have traveled to various Fairmont properties through the US and Canada and was shocked at the lack of care and inferior service received in Boston.I spent 5 days here and it never got better. Let me start by saying Boston is a beautiful city and the location of this hotel is IDEAL for enjoying all that Boston offers, Loved being at the Square and walking to most everything that there is to see and do in Boston.
The staff is quite cold and formal. No warm greeting when you arrive . Very business like. The legendary Oak Room is beautiful. However, the service is about the worst I have every experienced .
Recap of just a few examples :
Tried to get breakfast before heading to a meting . The restaurant had only a few people in it . They misplaced my order and I had to leave . The server was frazzled and I am not sure why being that the place was empty .
The next day tried to order breakfast again. After waiting 20 minutes , the server AND manager were involved . They scrambled to bring out toast .....no eggs or coffee that had been ordered. s the toast sat there getting cold, they finally brought eggs. COLD . No butter . No coffee. . At this point I needed to get to my meeting . I said I would just take the check and the coffee in a to go cup. That took ANOTHER 10 minutes. Not sure what was going in. There was plenty of staff and few diners. Just poor management ?
The evening bar experience was just as disappointing. Don't forget your credit card . A glass of wine and a martini will cost you $32 before the tip ! Yes....$20 for a martini and $12 for a glass of basic wine. And the drinks were not oversized at all.
No nuts, napkins, snaks served with the cocktails.
No value .
I wanted to use the computer in the lobby . They charge. I assumed being a President Club member that there might be complimentary access. Not here.
The room was $400 / night for the basic room. Not an upgraded room . Wait till you see all the taxes and service fees that are added on!
No Internet access at that price ? REALLY ?
Also surprised that there is no pool or Spa .
I can add MANY more experiences like this, but I think you get the jest of my experience.
The room was comfortable . The location was outstanding .
Next time in Boston I will do it differently , for sure .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont