“Nice Hotel, Great Location, BMW Bikes”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Nice Hotel, Great Location, BMW Bikes”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, formerly a musem, and the tiled entrance is stunning. Service, as per all Fairmonts, is slick. Rooms are nice, and the rooftop gym is well equipped and has a nice view across Copley Square.

If you are a President's Club member, you get the hire of a decent BMW MTB for free. Take the bike and head out from Copley Plaza to Harvard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a lovely, well run, hotel. However, as I sipped a $13 cocktail, I asked if there were any peanuts. I was sweetly told that since the renovation they don't serve peanuts. The cocktail was serve without a napkin. Really??? At these price points? Take a page from other first class hotel bars and embellish your cocktails. The Oak Room is a national
treasure.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mecmp
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at the Copley Plaza for three nights during a business trip. The hotel is in a great location, right across the street from Copley square. The lobby and public areas are stunning (think beautiful chandeliers, heavy fabrics, lots of seating nooks, etc.). The doormen were extremely friendly and helpful.

My room was good sized and I had a nice view of the city. Bed was extremely comfortable. Business conveniences included outlets on the SIDE of the nightstands (very nice); but you have to know to look for them. Bathroom was small, but luxurious with marble flooring and a wonderful tub.

Flat panel TV, but the local news channels weren't in HD (so morning news was difficult to watch if you were sitting at the desk); ESPN channels are in high def, as well as HBO, etc. No HGTV for those of you who are fans.

I had breakfast each day, ~$35 for the American breakfast. one disappointment is that i'm a very small person, so my normal breakfast at home is ONE egg, ONE piece of Bacon and ONE piece of toast. I simply could not get them to deliver this order; they were insistent I had to order the huge American breakfast, so I felt very wasteful each day. I did not have time to go elsewhere. Take a note from Ritz; they will do this based upon your dietary needs vs. forcefeeding you or being wasteful.

Housekeeping was efficient; left extra coffee each day for the in room Keurig (nice!).

It take take a bit for the temperature to warm up (literally two days); but I like an extremely warm room.

The Oak Room was FANTASTIC>. I ordered the Yankee pot roast and honestly, it was the best pot roast I've ever had in my life. They also serve muffins with a Chipotle Aioli that was yummy. With a glass of pinot noir, my dinner was ~$50. Definitely would visit again.

This hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping. It's right across the street from the John Hancock building, so extremely convenient for me for work as well. Definitely will be back.

Room Tip: One facing Copley Square if you can get it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed review of your stay with us. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit, overall, but I’d like to take this opportunity to address your in-room dining experience. You certainly should have been able to order a smaller breakfast, so I do apologize. I’ve shared your post with our In-Room Dining Manager, Stefan Carstens, who will ensure this is communicated to his team. Thank you, again, for your feedback, and we look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Copley Plaza for 3 nights in May prior to leaving on a cruise. We had booked the hotel through the cruise line - the room we were assigned was not what we expected so asked for a better room - which, of course, cost more but was well worth it. Of particular note was the exceptional service provided by Vincent at the concierge desk. He was very helpful, accommodating and had a great sense of humor. We also loved the Oak Bar - very noisy on Saturday night but service and food were very good and the atmosphere & decor were wonderful. Location was perfect - many destinations were easily walkable. Would certainly choose the Copley Plaza when we next visit Boston.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arizona0740
Houston, UK
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Fairmont at DC before but chose Boston as a treat for our 35th Anniversary. Booked a room on the Gold floor which gives complimentary access to the Gold Lounge. Room was pleasant and had a bottle of chilled Prosecco waiting for us. Very pleasant staff especially in the Gold Lounge. Nothing too much trouble, whether it be directions or restaurant bookings. My wife was looking for a particular 'crafting' product but could not find it. Denice from the Lounge found a source for us - 2 blocks from the Hotel. Only downside is noise from the a/c plant in the hotel but I think all inside facing rooms may have this problem. It was 94 degrees most of the time so maybe the a/c working overtime. All in all a really good stay.

Room Tip: Try the Gold floor - more expensive but there are some complimentary benefits.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your post. I’m so pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us – especially that one of our colleagues went so above and beyond! I’ve shared your comments with our Fairmont Gold Manager, to ensure that Denise receives appropriate recognition for your praise. Regarding the noisy AC, we want to make sure our guests are staying cool during Boston’s occasional summer heatwaves, but I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you, again, for your feedback.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great service at Reception. Big bedroom, tiny bathroom. Great Continental breakfast upstairs. Wonderful bar & restaurant downstairs. Great location. Wonderful, helpful Concierge. Not cheap. Not modern. Not funky. Just a grand old lady of a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay up on our Fairmont Gold level, from the complimentary breakfast to the private concierge. Thank you, again, for your post. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Toronto
Reviewed June 2, 2013

During my stay in Boston, I had some solo time and as a Fairmont Platinum member, I thought the Fairmont Copley Plaza would be a very central (close to subway) and posh place to stay during a business / study trip trip. I must say, it was so pristine and clean and totally close to all the hip restaurants and shopping. Also nice desk to plug in and stay up to date on work after long hot day in the city. Great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo